I think I’ve fallen in love with this CS Tele

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• darcymdarcym Frets: 1303
    really into this, it's quality.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • UncleBiffUncleBiff Frets: 52
    So funny how it splits opinion. I love it. I just think it’s too much money for such an exclusive style. Hopefully it would be great, but if it wasn’t ‘quite right’ it would be hard to shift on and get decent money back for.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 25028
    I love relics and I also love the look of ash.  In this case I think it would look better without any of the green paint.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • DanielsguitarsDanielsguitars Frets: 3362
    edited May 2020 tFB Trader
    Really shit is being too kind, I'm sure a rattle can bedroom partscaster builder could do better 

Each to there own but I could fleece someone of a stack of cash for alot less than that pos
    www.danielsguitars.co.uk
    (formerly customkits)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 12319
    Whatever float your boat I guess but I just can’t think where is your money going, even in terms of labour cost, how is that justify so much more?
  • menamestommenamestom Frets: 4903

I would do anything for love, but I wouldn't do that.  

• WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 10087
    Uncle Biff, I like it as well...

Just buy it mate. Dont seek approval from this lot - most of em have got no taste !

Stuff me, some of them even like Ibanez guitars, Steve Vai, Toto, heavy rock, ... etc etc and believe what the Government tell them =)

No mate, go for it...

That guitar is full of character, unique, and a Fender. It will resell.

Buy stuff you love ;)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 32371
    It just doesn't make any sense, having the least wear around the bridge and controls. 

I think if I were to build a relic I'd play the guitar and concentrate first on what my hands were doing. 
    I'm not a Masturbuildor though. 
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 74393
    p90fool said:
    It just doesn't make any sense, having the least wear around the bridge and controls.
    Ironically, despite my dislike of unrealistic relics, that's something I like about it - and the nearly complete lack of any faked rust or dirt on the hardware. It looks more like it was built like that than trying to emulate real wear. I suppose I finally get the "it's just a finish option" idea :).

It is probably the 'heavy relic' I like the most, out of any I've seen - which is odd considering that most of the people who like 'normal' relics seem to hate it. I'm not just being contrary, for once - I would actually be happy to own it, if it wasn't a ridiculous price.

There is one thing I don't like about it though - the 'clay' dots. It would look far better with pearl. I suppose Fender would do one with those for me, for about an extra grand...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • althyalthy Frets: 92
    very expensive for a tele. better sound insanely good at 4k
  • althy said:
    very expensive for a tele. better sound insanely good at 4k
    Was thinking exactly the same, but it's up to one's taste
  • HenrytwangHenrytwang Frets: 478
    If you really like It and can afford it Why not buy it? Personally I find it difficult to understand how a Telecaster can justifiably cost so much money, but we’re not talking logic here. As the Everly Brothers said love is strange.