Fano RB6T style guitar - bridge and pickup options

What's Hot
John_PJohn_P Frets: 2756
Looking at the Fano RB6T style guitar,  I'm torn between the various options for bridges and pickups - I can see several styles I like the idea of - a standard tele style bridge and pickup, but a simple wrapover or a bigsby would also look very cool though imo. 
What do we think suits the body style best?   
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• earwighoneyearwighoney Frets: 3507
    I'm a fan of the Tele 3 saddle bridge as I find there are a lot of different options (steel, brass etc), top load/string through, intonation works perfectly for me (maybe not for everyone), quick to adjust to string height, and had a 54mm string spacing (the sweet spot for my needs).

A full or half Tele bridge would work for T-Pickups or Gibson ones.

I'd recommend having a look at the Waterslide guitars Insta page, he has a new range of single pickup RB6 style guitars with various pickups and bridges.

FWIW, my favourite sounding is the one with the Thunderbird

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • hessodreamyhessodreamy Frets: 118
    I’ve got one A build in progress and am going for jazzmaster bridge and trem, firebird bridge pickup and a gold foil (mini hum size) in the neck, both from the creamery. I have no idea how this will all fit together but I’m excited. 
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2756
    Thanks @earwighoney he has lots of cool looking guitars that should give inspiration.  

@hessodreamy that is going be a great combination, I’d be excited too.   I’ll do a bit more checking out the jazz master trem, I’ve not had one before so I was leaning towards a Bigsby if I go for a trem.   

• grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3376
    In that “style” I like this a lot 

• LebarqueLebarque Frets: 3962
    Tele bridge, Firebird neck. Simples.

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Lebarque said:
    I gotta confess that that arrangement looks sexy af and was probably my head-turner on the rb6. Just that personal experience says tele bridge is not for me. 
  • Lebarque said:

I was thinking of putting a mini humbucker in my black Tele. This is making it even more tempting.
    Just so people are aware. I have no idea what any of these words mean.
    edited August 2020
    Actually @earwighoney the waterslide stuff looks great. Apart from a lot of gold foils in general he seems to use the mojo gold foil humbuckers which always seem to sound awesome. I may end up with one of them in the neck if I'm feeling brave with a router.
  • earwighoneyearwighoney Frets: 3507
    Actually @earwighoney the waterslide stuff looks great. Apart from a lot of gold foils in generate he seems to use the mojo gold foil humbuckers which always seem to sound awesome. I may end up with one of them in the neck if I'm feeling brave with a router.
    Waterslide seems to be Mojo fan no.1!

Have a look at his YT page for some of the other Mojo Pickups he uses. The Kay Kleenex sounds great as well but the Strat with 3 Hersheys has some of the finest clean tones of his pickups (to my ears)
  • LoobsLoobs Frets: 3853
    grungebob said:
    In that “style” I like this a lot 

Awesome guitar. So many cool design features on it.