SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB Akai MPC One (I think)

What's Hot
billzabozobillzabozo Frets: 62
edited June 2020 in Studio & Rec £
Just seeing if anyone is letting one go before I bite the bullet on the Live II.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• goldtopgoldtop Frets: 6308
    They're doing a Mk II? :astonished: Blimey. Did Akai ever finish the original's software?
  • billzabozobillzabozo Frets: 62
    I think they've just superglued a soundbar to the front of the original model and re-badged it to be honest. Software and internals are identical to my knowledge.
  • StrangefanStrangefan Frets: 5844
    I had the love for a year, I found it really comprehensive and sounded great however, having used Cubase since the early 2000s the mpc workflow jusy didn't do it for me, so I sold it.
    To add: there's nothing wrong with the live at all,.
    The pads are phenomenal, the battery lasted a good long time, it handled samples /time stretch well and the last update I got added 3 very usable synths and some phenomenal effects and tools such as sidechaining.
    I never had an issue with running out of ram etc,.... Worth a buy? Yes most definately, would I get one again..... If I have the cash, yeah I think I would :D
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
     =) I'm a little unsure if this is just the effect of lockdown and no access to a recording studio at the moment. I've not played with or used a hardware sampler for a long time (alarmingly long when I think about it) but I do enjoy working away from a computer sometimes and being forced to do things differently. It looks on paper like a capable bit of kit to cover a lot of bases and I like the idea of potability and while everyone around me seems to be smugly learning how to speak a new language or bake I feel jumping back into the world of sampling and sequencing will keep the knitting needles at bay. 
  • ArtsutanovArtsutanov Frets: 68
    edited June 2020
    If you’re not sure but want to give the new Mpc’s a try i suggest you buy an Mpc One. I had a Live and sold it a year ago. 2 weeks ago I got an Mpc One and much prefer the form factor, pads and price. 

Now on youtube when I should be going to bed.
    What was the outcome?

The One looks good, all the extra connectivity  the live offers is not essential for my needs. Nobody has either in stock at the moment so I can wait, I'm also looking to see what happens to the used value of the original live series but at the moment I think I'll go for an MPC One.
    edited June 2020
    I think the original Live will hold its price well. I don't think the inclusion of a speaker has been a selling point for many (myself included) In fact, at this point, it's the single reason i wouldn't consider one. Imagine all the Sweat, extra dust, dry skin etc, that going to ooze & get scrapped into those little holes. Because people will actually use it as an arm rest, which was the initial thought/rumour when the first image was leaked. And i was actually into that for sure. Yes i'm pedantic like that. I can't help it. Eventually we'll see what comes to pass in this regard, so i won't write it off completely.

Now all this said i've been using my MPC One for a few weeks & i'm not entirely sure i prefer the pads below the screen. Initially i thought it had the perfect layout, but i don't really like my hands hovering above the pads when using the screen. I do prefer the size of the pads though.