Tone control on single knob Superstrat

What's Hot
SunDevilSunDevil Frets: 511
I fancy giving something with a Floyd a go and I’m Gassing for a Friedman Cali, but I just can’t see me getting on with a guitar with only a volume control?

I don't tend to ride the tone that much - really gets set for a particular amp / room and stays there

Assume I could use a double-stacked / concentric pot but is there any better way to do it on a rear routed, single knob guitar?
The answer was never 42 - it's 1/137 (..ish)
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DrBobDrBob Frets: 3021
    Or,if you’re a “set & forget” kind of guy maybe a mini trim pot that’s accessible through a hole in the back plate ?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31925
    Or maybe a cap and resistor on a push pull pot? 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27723
    edited June 2020
    ^^ thos were my first 2 instincts. I'd have thought a push-push pot with a preset "6/10" setting would work a treat. Or even combine the ideas and have a push-push/pull volume that goes to a trimpot & cap so you can have full flexibility
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73033
    SunDevil said:
    I fancy giving something with a Floyd a go and I’m Gassing for a Friedman Cali, but I just can’t see me getting on with a guitar with only a volume control?

I don't tend to ride the tone that much - really gets set for a particular amp / room and stays there

Assume I could use a double-stacked / concentric pot but is there any better way to do it on a rear routed, single knob guitar?
    If it gets set for a room, just make a passive ‘tone box’ and put it first in line after the guitar. You could even make it into a pedal with a footswitch to bypass it if you want.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom