Now NGD: Fender Vintera 60s Stratocaster Modified

What's Hot
chrisj1602chrisj1602 Frets: 4065
edited June 2020 in Guitar
I’ve already got a Vintera Jazzmaster and I am really happy with it, so when I decided it was time to get another Strat (it’s been a while) I thought a Vintera was the way to go.

My Jazzmaster is the standard 60s spec but I wanted to go for the Modified spec on the Strat, so I’ve got 9.5 radius, medium jumbo frets, satin neck and S1 switching, which can add the neck to positions 1 and 2.

Below is a picture of the actual guitar I’ve ordered (I’ll add some NGD pics on Monday)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• gusman2xgusman2x Frets: 929
    Congrats, I've had mine for a couple of weeks. Love it. Definitely the strat I've bonded the most with (out of 5). Enjoy it when it arrives!

https://i.imgur.com/dvzhe6Z.jpg
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 12052
    edited June 2020
    Lots of White Strats being bought lately! 

I love it!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LPManicLPManic Frets: 1112
    Can you tell us a bit more about the Jazzmaster? Any photos? How you liking it?
  • chrisj1602chrisj1602 Frets: 4065
    LPManic said:
    Can you tell us a bit more about the Jazzmaster? Any photos? How you liking it?

It came with the tort as above, now it has the parchment guard on, and a Staytrem bridge. Really like it, plays and sounds great.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NelsonPNelsonP Frets: 3429
    Lovely looking guitars those. Congrats!
    Is it here yet?
    Is it here yet?
    It’s out for delivery!
    It came, and I really like it. It’s clearly not the one from the shop photo though!

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • tony99tony99 Frets: 7215
    It came, and I really like it. It’s clearly not the one from the shop photo though!

looks fab, very 60s
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
    Looks great, and nope, these lower end models they keep a stock of them and not photograph every one.

How does is play? Do you like the neck and can I ask what does it weight?
    Looks great, and nope, these lower end models they keep a stock of them and not photograph every one.

How does is play? Do you like the neck and can I ask what does it weight?
    It plays great, I like the neck, and it sounds great. 

The shop claims “Actual product in photograph(s)” but i’m not too fussed because I’m happy with it. Not sure on the weight, I’ll try to get a weight tomorrow.
    I like the board on your guitar compared to the photo, I much prefer some streaking in the Wood than plain single colour.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    I like the board on your guitar compared to the photo, I much prefer some streaking in the Wood than plain single colour.
    Thanks, yeah I like it too. I haven’t played it though my amp yet, but it sounds great though my HX Stomp and headphones. The S1 adds two really usable sounds. The satin neck is really nice, the 2 point trem is smooth. Very happy.
  • Very nice. Congrats. Much better than the stock photo imo. Mind if I ask what you think about the neck profile?
    'Vot eva happened to the Transylvanian Tvist?'
    Very nice. Congrats. Much better than the stock photo imo. Mind if I ask what you think about the neck profile?
    I like it, it’s comfortable. It’s my first modern C I think, a little bit slimmer than my Vintera Jazzmaster.
  • gusman2xgusman2x Frets: 929
    Lovely. I've been playing mine non stop for the last couple of weeks. Love the neck on it. Mine comes in at nearly bang on 7.5 lbs, which is pretty much prefect. It's very resonant.
  • GavRichListGavRichList Frets: 7319
    gusman2x said:
    Lovely. I've been playing mine non stop for the last couple of weeks. Love the neck on it. Mine comes in at nearly bang on 7.5 lbs, which is pretty much prefect. It's very resonant.
    the strap deserves special appreciation too
    gusman2x said:
    It’s not bad is it, just a cheap Fender strap I got off Amazon after too much time looking at £50 Overdrive straps!
  • GavRichListGavRichList Frets: 7319
    gusman2x said:
    It’s not bad is it, just a cheap Fender strap I got off Amazon after too much time looking at £50 Overdrive straps!
    I actually meant @gusman2x pink number! :D but yeah, yours is nice too. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    gusman2x said:
    I actually meant @gusman2x pink number! :D but yeah, yours is nice too. 
    Where is this pink strap?!