New switch needed but...

What's Hot
rlwrlw Frets: 4761
what size.  I need a new pickup switch for my Epi Inspired by 1955 LP and I assume it will be metric being a non-USA guitar but do they also come in different depths? 

And it has to be gold.....
Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 73031
    Don’t bother with a cheap one, get a USA Switchcraft and never need to change it again. They also feel better in use.

It will fit the same hole. If the body is full depth, get the ‘tall’ switch - if it’s shallower, they do a ‘short’ version too.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • rlwrlw Frets: 4761
    Thanks ICBM.  I thought the gold Switchcraft looked like a rather nice thing so I'll get one of those.
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12547
    Sorry to hijack @ICBM will the same apply to a 335 copy?
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73031
    munckee said:
    Yes, the same applies to any toggle switch with a 1/2"/12.7mm bushing - if there's room, always fit a Switchcraft.

Why no other company can make a decent switch using 1930s telephone-exchange technology, I have no idea...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• rlwrlw Frets: 4761
    ICBM said:
    munckee said:
    Yes, the same applies to any toggle switch with a 1/2"/12.7mm bushing - if there's room, always fit a Switchcraft.

Why no other company can make a decent switch using 1930s telephone-exchange technology, I have no idea...

Who wants outdated technology when they can have something bang up to date using the latest techniques and materials?

Even if they don't work that well................

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom