EMG guitars?

What's Hot
JetfireJetfire Frets: 1702
Confused bloke on eBay or actual thing?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/283452814230
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14753
    I have seen that trademark-dodging headstock design before somewhere but cannot place it.

Looks like partscaster, put together by a tech, to demonstrate pickups EXCEPT no self-respecting shop would bother demonstrating EMG-HZ pickups other than, maybe, the GZR bass pair.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • skullfunkerryskullfunkerry Frets: 4259
    edited June 2020
    I have seen that trademark-dodging headstock design before somewhere but cannot place it.

Looks like partscaster, put together by a tech, to demonstrate pickups EXCEPT no self-respecting shop would bother demonstrating EMG-HZ pickups other than, maybe, the GZR bass pair.
    Don’t Harley Benton use that headstock shape?
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

• HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8040
    @Jetfire - shouldn’t be that confused - unless I’m greatly mistaken, it’s a long-standing shop in Bristol (although the eBay account appears to be a personal one):

https://i.imgur.com/pTk3fv0.jpg

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Don’t Harley Benton use that headstock shape?
    Shush! They’ll all want one. =)
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JayGeeJayGee Frets: 1284

Description suggests that it was done for a trade show - I don’t know whether many manufacturers/distributors/rebranders at the EMG HZ end of the market look at anything beyond BoM cost and how the spec is going to look in the adverts, but in the event that someone sourcing parts to assemble 30,000 guitars to a budget in Indonesia actually cares what they’re going to sound like I imagine having a pair of them screwed to something like this to hand is quite handy...
    Don't ask me, I just play the damned thing...
    So, £200 tops for the host guitar, £100 for the pickups, something for the HH scratchplate and the soldering work, subtract something for the devaluing effect of sanding off the original H-B decal.

Maybe, just maybe, it is worth one third of the price being asked.