I have an itch for a Tele

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• VinylfanVinylfan Frets: 33
    What are these Vintera ones all about? How do they stack up against the Baja ones that you guys are raving about?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Now sorted - picked up a Player Tele in Tidepool today.  Not allowed to use it properly till later in the week as its a birthday present.  Had a quick go and really like it!  Never played a tele before and it sounds so mellow and the neck feel really thin.  Might just be early impressions that will change over time.
    Appreciate all the help and advice.  Will sort out a picture of it soon...
  • nick79nick79 Frets: 264
    You will love it, nice choice. Since getting my Tele my other guitars don’t get a look in.
    nick79 said:
    You will love it, nice choice. Since getting my Tele my other guitars don’t get a look in.
    That's what I'm afraid of!  The Strat was a present for a significant birthday and I do love it, but the sounds that came out of that Tele...good thing I put it back in its case for now.
  • HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9827
    Vinylfan said:
    nick79 said:
    That's what I'm afraid of!  The Strat was a present for a significant birthday and I do love it, but the sounds that came out of that Tele...good thing I put it back in its case for now.
    My two go-to guitars are my Strat and my Tele. To my mind they're very different beasts and I enjoy owning both - the Strat is more slinky and has a softer attack. The Tele is more percussive and direct.
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
  • Loaded1meLoaded1me Frets: 34
    Baja's are great, I have one, but much prefer my G&L Asat. It's the bluesboy 90 version. Sublime. It's a USA made guitar and as no one looks at them second hand I managed to pick it up for under £500 from a music shop. When it comes to it I barely touch my Les Paul as the Asat is so good. It's in a different league to the Baja. If you can find a G&L do it, you won't regret it!
  • eoinzyeoinzy Frets: 128
    edited July 2022
    -
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7352
    I am really tempted to buy one of these:

https://tinyurl.com/y8y2h3mb

and turn it into one of these:

<Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    I am really tempted to buy one of these:

https://tinyurl.com/y8y2h3mb

and turn it into one of these:

the shell pink baja teles that were knocking round a year ago were beautiful, don't see any second hand though
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!