Charles guitar strat plastics experience

Alex2678Alex2678 Frets: 1168
edited June 2020 in Guitar
Just wanted to recommend the plastics from Charles Guitar, struggled with aftermarket plastics for my strat and I’m finally happy. 
First were the eBay cheap horrors, sicky green

Next was ‘parchment’

Add to that that Fenders own aged white covers and knobs are nearly yellow.

Charles Guitar parchment guard and parchment plastics, ‘vintage’ tips (I believe they’re crazy parts): 

The guard was £16 and looks better than a modern genuine fender guard. The pickup covers have that slightly translucent look. They look great, feel great and would recommend to anyone. They do the art of ageing stuff too but can’t speak for those, but I get the impression they use these as a base.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• soma1975soma1975 Frets: 7023
    I love their stuff
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
  • Alex2678Alex2678 Frets: 1168
    Really pleasantly surprised 
  • skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 6886
    Looking good man.

The aged yellow Fender stuff aint too far off what it will be in a few years! 

This is my first ever guitar, it has a broken truss rod so hasn’t been played in ages, but my parents bought it for me about 16 years ago. 
    Which is insane that I’ve had it 16 years.... 

Anyway I painted the guard and changed the knobs to black, but the pickup covers have just aged naturally! They used to be a brilliant white akin to the pinstripe. 

The only easy day, was yesterday...
  • Alex2678Alex2678 Frets: 1168
    Yeah I know they’re not totally unauthentic, and yours look great there was just a gaudy yellowish tint to mine in certain light. The new tips I got are very close, they just look a bit less glow in the dark. Probably also partly caused by how grey the old pickguard looked, I think the other colours play into how they look.