Bronco, Accutune, Takeucci, Takeucci,

mstill1984mstill1984 Frets: 64
edited June 2020 in Guitar
Looking for general advice, decided to use what bits I had laying around to make a crude bronco style guitar, but can't find anything similar to the tremelo, I am really looking for something that has a similar clunky aesthetic. I was going to originally put a floyd rose on it but I don't really want it to have a back plate,  then I remembered a load of Korean guitars had kahler style trems. Can anyone think anything else similar that I might be able to pickip cheap functioning (or non functioning  to use as it's more about the footprint of the unit itself) . The bronco is being built on a budget to mop up some parts so it's not something I want to sink much into.

From memory they came on hohners, marlins, corts, just so I can try and find the models and add them to my saved searches 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8121
    edited June 2020
    Re. the ‘Accutune’ Kahler knock-offs fitted to various MIK Hohners, Marlins, etc - seriously, don’t waste your time (Accutune - now, there’s a misnomer if ever there was one...) - they’re made out of plasticine. Absolute tat. It’s not a case of *if* they’re knackered (unless NOS), just *when*.

However, if you must, you’ll find them on things like certain Marlin State of the Art models, various Hohner Professional Models - a number of ST iterations (Scorpion, Metal, etc), SG (Lion), L-59T, HTB-1, SR Heavy,  blahblahblah.

Re. MIJ Takeuchi - I take it that you’re thinking of their Kahler 2200 replica, rather than stuff like their TRS-101 LIC Floyd?

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom