Piezo Pickup Question

Mr.DeeRMr.DeeR Frets: 2
I don't have any experience with Piezo pickup especially not on a high end guitar so I don`t know how it is supposed to sound but now I have got a budget friendly Harley Benton and it feels extremely sensitive.

It picks up every small vibration of the strings and rings forever. If I just lift up my fingers to change chords sometimes it sounds like I am doing pull offs.
Is this how a Piezo pickup should sound like or is there any way to adjust the sensitivity like with a resistor or something?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14755
    edited June 2020
    Rolling down the Treble tone control should reduce the finger noise. Rotate the control through its full range of travel. There might be a detent click halfway around. If so, this is the “flat” position. 

Any setting between 5 and 10 is boosting the high frequency signal content. This would explain the unexpectedly bright/nasty sound you have been experiencing.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73033
    Mr.DeeR said:

Is this how a Piezo pickup should sound like or is there any way to adjust the sensitivity like with a resistor or something?
    Pretty much normal, especially cheaper ones. But also what Funkfingers said - don't turn the treble up... if anything, turn it down.

What kind of amp are you using? An electric guitar amp, especially with any kind of overdrive, will drastically enhance that over-sensitivity/spiky sound too.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein