Where to buy a decent neck for a strat ?

What's Hot
hhawkinshhawkins Frets: 29
Does anyone know where would be a good place to buy a quality neck for a strat build that I'm doing? I know you can get them on eBay and from Fender but I'm curious to know if there are any manufacturers out there that offer a relic style neck? If not, where would you recommend? 

Thanks
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• BarnezyBarnezy Frets: 2243
    Send John Cruz an email. He might do you a cheap one at the moment. 
    9reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DrBobDrBob Frets: 3021
    My standard response is always to see if @GSPBASSES of this here parish has anything in the pile. Custom shop quality at remarkably reasonable prices.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24855
    Warmoth
    Allparts
    Mighty Mite

I’m so bored I might as well be listening to Pink Floyd

• brooombrooom Frets: 1178
    musikraft
  • DeeTeeDeeTee Frets: 764
    Standard disclaimer for Mighty Mite that I usually mention: if you get a 22 fret board, the overhang can be so thick as to foul on the pickguard. It may need to be sanded down a little. Not a deal breaker, but worth being aware of.
  • hhawkinshhawkins Frets: 29
    DeeTee said:
    Standard disclaimer for Mighty Mite that I usually mention: if you get a 22 fret board, the overhang can be so thick as to foul on the pickguard. It may need to be sanded down a little. Not a deal breaker, but worth being aware of.
    I have a mighty might rosewood neck at the minute and I know exactly what you mean. I think this time I would op for a maple board. 
  • DeeTeeDeeTee Frets: 764
    @hhawkins - mine is maple and has the same issue, so I don't think the board wood makes a difference, it must be the dimensions they use. I'm hoping a few minutes with a sanding block will sort it out, but I've no desire to take it apart for now
  • Universal8Universal8 Frets: 134
    North west guitars
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 5008
    I've got a Warmoth neck on a partscaster and it is excellent; I don't know where I could get a better one, TBH.

I've got a Mighty Mite fretless neck on a bass and it is exactly right.

I've got a couple of cheapies (Kmsie might be one of them?) and they're probably not quite as good as a Squier one.

I've made a couple of guitars based on Fender body & neck; a Tele MIM turned out really good and I'm in the process of making a Strat.

I've replaced the neck on a Fender MIM Strat with another Fender one and I quite like it.

I've got a Variax whose neck went off and it's got a Squier neck on it now; it's pretty alright...

So, based on that I say Fender necks are the benchmark; Mighty Mite are at a similar level, Warmoth are a step up, and Squier are a good cheaper alternative.
  • Rebel Relic in Amsterdam 

highly recommended
  • SC Relics