Comments

• RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 12052
    Snowflake?  ;)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • danishbacondanishbacon Frets: 2714
    I mean, it reads like an article you'd find in the Onion. Surreal 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • A very appropriate story for these strange times.
    'Vot eva happened to the Transylvanian Tvist?'
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24856
    a ha hahahahahahahaha!

That's brilliant!

I’m so bored I might as well be listening to Pink Floyd

• octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33962
    LOL.
    Just LOL.
  • prlgmnrprlgmnr Frets: 4011
    This is what we're up against.

It's enough to make you want to find a reason to just stay in your own house for months on end and never see any other people.....
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I love Aerosmith and wouldn´t dream of shunning them just because Joe Perry is a republican.
    Wer nicht für Freiheit sterben kann, der ist der Kette wert.
  • prlgmnrprlgmnr Frets: 4011
    I'm immensely curious as to what they thought "some of those that work forces are the same that burn crosses" meant for all these years.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • danishbacondanishbacon Frets: 2714
    prlgmnr said:
    I'm immensely curious as to what they thought "some of those that work forces are the same that burn crosses" meant for all these years.
    I suspect they just never paid attention to the actual lyrics
  • tony99tony99 Frets: 7215
    prlgmnr said:
    they thought it was in reference to a work "force" who are employed in large scale production of bakery items such as hot cross buns, where the bun tops are actually cooked / burned to have a cross in the top of them, these items are closely associated with the festival of easter, from the religion of Christianity which of course has a long held association with the american right and or republicans
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • prlgmnr said:
    I suspect they just never paid attention to the actual lyrics
    Some right wing "news" outlet probably managed to inform their readers about the lyrics in very very short sentences so they finally figured it out!
    Wer nicht für Freiheit sterben kann, der ist der Kette wert.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LMAO. Funny stuff, but looks to be just one person. So "a number of" is ... poetic license, to be charitable.

I listen listen to Rage, even though I find their lyrics pretty sophomoric now.

Bye!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • bbill335bbill335 Frets: 1397
    every 6 months or so some semi-prominent US right winger sees a tom morello tweet and loudly declares "i won't listen to you any more". it's quite the self-own, to declare that you are that bad at listening to music, or that bad at pretending to have liked a band.
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14755
    edited June 2020
    The Republican Party has previous history on this one.

The Reagan 1984 re-election campaign coopted Springsteen’s Born In The USA, without permission from the artiste or record company and without paying attention to the verse lyrics.

OTOH, Republicans are not noted for their sense of humo(u)r or their grasp of irony.

Generally speaking, well crafted lyrics leave room for interpretation. People can and do choose to relate to songs and artists without necessarily understanding what any of the material means.

Those listeners declaring a sudden change of attitude to songs or artistes are deluding themselves. The United States regards itself as a champion of free speech but takes umbrage when some choose to deviate from the consensus.

If you want to see this in terms of Left and Right, Republicans not only seek monetary betterment, they consider it their manifest destiny. Some go so far as to think this to be the will of their preferred deity. 
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • mbembe Frets: 1840
    prlgmnr said:
    It references the shamans, who ply their paranormal power to work supernatural forces, who have an affinity with Peter of Bruys ( fl. 1117– c. 1131), who burned crosses in protest at the idolatry of veneration of crosses. 
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23592
    This story could have appeared any time in the last 20 years, I don't understand why it's suddenly emerged now.
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14755
    Trump. Specifically, his Presidential re-election campaign.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • vasselmeyervasselmeyer Frets: 3675
    When the lyrics said "Fuck you, I won't do what you tell me" did they think they were referencing their Mom and Pop?
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16949
    They never said what machine!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mburekengemburekenge Frets: 1082
    WezV said:
    They never said what machine!
    It was the bigsby vibrato after 15 unsuccessful restringing attempts
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom