Trying guitars in stores, or indeed anywhere - hygiene/covid/sanitise

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14784
    tFB Trader

Even a guitar I prepare for mail order needs to be 'cleaned' down before I post it after giving it  a final check over - ditto for any guitar repair guys like @FelineGuitars ;; and @SteveRobinson before handing it back
    It's certainly tricky being a repair guy with Covid-19 in the community.

For safety's sake I shut up shop in March (before the official lockdown) and don't know when or how I'll be able to reopen for business.
    I had a potential situation yesterday - Customer wanted to bring in 2 acoustics for some work - They will have been touched before I get them, so need to be sanitised - Then I have to do likewise when I return

Or they have to spend 2/3 days in 'lock down' before I touch them on arrival in the shop, then ditto when I've done the work, before they are collected by the customer 

To fiddly and a hassle at this stage IMO - And I don't want to work wearing those disposable gloves
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MoominpapaMoominpapa Frets: 1649
    Store layout will make a difference too, I imagine. Guitar Village probably has the funkiest guitar shop premises in the UK, but the room spaces are square-ish and I can see them allowing for some attempt at social distancing. Andertons, on the other hand, is a terrible shape for social distancing: those long narrow display areas for the electrics where you cannot help but be close to other people as you try to move around. I'm curious to see how Andertons are going to handle their re-opening. Luckily for them, of course, they had built up their online business so much that it must be helping them weather the storm better than a lot of places.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom