Tokai LS105Q

Toolboy77Toolboy77 Frets: 0
For me lockdown got my guitar interests buzzing again.
so i did a relic job on my Vintage Geoff whitehorn signature... damn pleased with it.
I then picked up a Satellite LP (MIJ) copy .... to be far these can be bought fairly cheap and you can tweak em to give you a good looking/ sounding jap guitar.
Anyway today im picking up my first Tokai.
They look good and the heard they are top quality???? Ive just joined this site so i wondered your views on Tokais?
Regards
Toolboy
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DrJazzTapDrJazzTap Frets: 2177
    I had a tokai es130 335 copy that was superb. Kind of regret selling it, was far superior than a run of the mill Gibson.
    I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.
  • Toolboy77Toolboy77 Frets: 0
    Ive heard the Tokais give the Gibsons a good run.
    Got my Tokai earlier today..... superb guitar in everyway.
    Toolboy
  • PeteCPeteC Frets: 409
    I have a Tokai LS150 from 2005 which is a superb Les Paul - I love it to bits. 
    Also have a Tokai SG185 which is a beautiful 1 piece Honduras Mahogany body and HM neck - its a beaut. 

They both play beautifully and sound great.  I haven't even swapped out the pickups as some people tend to do - it really hasnt been necessary.  
    The build quality on both is superb. 

IMHO the MIJ Tokias are vey good indeed and just as good as many high end Gibsons. 
  • sawyersawyer Frets: 732
    edited June 2020
    MIJ Tokai are excellent guitars and much sought after. The bigger that number and the older they are the better. Don't relic it please:)
  • Toolboy77Toolboy77 Frets: 0
    Lol i wont relic it!! I only did the Vintage as lockdown stircrazy but it got me back on the guitar trail. How do we send photos on this site??
    Toolboy