Locking nut/string position help needed

What's Hot
BarriveeBarrivee Frets: 100

Just about to restring a Contemporary Strat with a locking nut for the first time but was surprised to find 2 parts stacked together when I removed the first allen bolt (to see if there was a reason the e string broke at that point)
There’s a thicker washer (potentially not the technical name for it!) on the bottom, headstock, side and a thinner one on the top, nut, side. 
So my query is where should the strings run in this arrangement - in between the two washers?
Ta in advance. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• BarriveeBarrivee Frets: 100
    Any palm readers out there please keep the bad news to yourself. 
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 7024
    Gawd knows never seen one like that before!

I’d imagine thicker goes above the string and thinner below it? To increase the break angle over the nut? 

The only easy day, was yesterday...
    Just found the Owners Manual here https://www.manualslib.com/manual/372357/Fender-Contemporary-And-Standard-Guitars.html#manual Well worth a look on this site, seems to be a lot of manuals available. 

The relevant page seems to suggest the strings go between the lock blocks (know what they’re called now) and the metal body of the nut. Doesn’t sound ideal to me ?

• ICBMICBM Frets: 74388
    edited June 2020
    The thinner one with the larger hole goes above the strings - its purpose is to protect the soft alloy of the clamp body casting from being damaged by the strings (it's hardened steel). The thicker one with the thread goes under the strings so they're clamped between the two.

It also looks like the low E is in the wrong place, above both pieces - you can see where it's indented the clamp body.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

Thanks @ICBM i assumed they went between the two but was hoping a knowledgeable tech would confirm. 
    ICBM said:

It also looks like the low E is in the wrong place, above both pieces - you can see where it's indented the clamp body.
    I can now I’ve enlarged my photo - I cannot see it on the guitar even though I now know it’s there - new glasses required I think. 

It’s all coming off for a clean up over the weekend so I’ll hopefully get it back together as it should be, assuming I can see what I’m doing. 
    Cheers.