have you disliked a certain type of guitar,but then changed your mind when you actually played one?

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 12333
    Telecaster.

I thought they are butt ugly, weird shape, pick guard is weird but I bought one blind...it's now the first guitar that I pick up to play.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 3001
    edited July 2016
    Fenders in general for me. I was very anti strat when I first started as it just seemed like the typical boring go-to guitar. Still kinda feel like that but they have their place! Im loving my recent parts build though. Still wish the neck was a bit narrower like a gibson though.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • dilbertdilbert Frets: 203
    Yep original old BC Rich super strats, great guitars. 

Beat me to it! I played a friend's BC stratalike as it was the last one left on the rack at a jam. It was pink for one thing and I really, really didn't want to even touch it but eventually picked it up and wow! It was really comfortable, had excellent balance and feel and the neck was like greased weasel shit. 

I even asked if it was for sale but understandably, it was a "not a chance" 

Tried a few of the more pointy BC's to see if the had that vibe and nah.......... didn't come close.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom