Feedback on EVH USA

What's Hot
melodmelod Frets: 136
I am not a VH or speedy metal etc fan and already have a musicman axis semi on the pure merit of the instrument.

However, I was interested to know how people feel on the evh US guitars. Never had a Floyd guitar but I want a tremolo style guitar.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10544
    I think the trem only goes down on the VH so it does't work as a normal trem ... could possibly be adjusted to though
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7212
    edited June 2020
    I own a few of the Peavey version of this guitar, so not the exact same spec, yet very similar. The decked Floyd Rose is really useful for stability and tuning, so I rate them.

I'll also add they are quite compact and as the body design is offset, they sit nicely standing up or sitting down.
    Guitar Bomb & Nembrini Audio Summer Giveaway 
  • bananamanbananaman Frets: 191
    I owned one when they first came out. In fact I had 2 at one point. They are very much a matter of taste. They sound very good, but so do the same pickups put into an alder/maple strat. The body is thick and poorly contoured, the edge binding used to dig into my forearm and really annoy me, but the necks were so lovely that I put up with it. You can't change pickups in 'em either as the routing is uniquely shaped. Frets are small, but that never bothered me. Also the necks on mine used to misalign so regularly that I put a blob of glue on them to hold them in place.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • bananamanbananaman Frets: 191
    To clarify the above is all about the Fender/EVH model. I've never even picked up a Peavey or Music Man one.