Swapping Pickup Magnets

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• @ICBM, you are indeed a jedi master in these things..... Big respect!

So correcting the 4 switch option, it would look like this?

I'm taking a punt here, but would the 3 switch version just do away with the 4th switch altogether? Something like this:

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73031

So correcting the 4 switch option, it would look like this?

Move the blue and green wires to the middle terminals of their pots and it will.

I'm taking a punt here, but would the 3 switch version just do away with the 4th switch altogether? Something like this:

You need to ground the two unused terminals on the phase switch, but otherwise that's it.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• Does it matter which pickup I rotate the magnet on?
    No but, in your position, I would use this opportunity to try the Alnico 4 magnet in the neck position pickup.
    @Funkfingers You were right about the Alnico 4 - Good call.
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14751
    I *may* have substituted that magnet type myself. ;)

Hopefully, the series mode sound is so versatile that you feel no need for the mode switching business.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • The switches are on a different guitar. The only embellishment that I might be tempted with on the HB-35 is a push pull phase reversal for the neck pickup.