NGD - Suhr!

What's Hot
guitarblasterguitarblaster Frets: 387
edited June 2020 in Guitar
Hey guys, I haven't bought a new guitar in five years since in bought my CS strat! I always wanted an Alt t but have never summoned up courage to get one. It's a 2019 Suhr Alt T in seafoam green. 

I picked it up late last night of a really nice guy who was local to me, only bought new in December. 

The neck on this is great! It's slightly fatter than my CS 1960 relic strat neck, but somehow is way easier to play! It encourages fast playing for sure. The back of the neck feels great, really really smooth. 

I haven't had too long with it but I'm really impressed with the humbuckers! They've got tonnes of articulation, they split wonderfully too but I'm really impressed with just the straight humbucker sound. 

I'll post up some more detailed sound impressions when I've had a bit more time with it!

5B2D0CD1-BF80-44CD-85CF-5CF108C15597
0reaction image LOL 16reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Bill_SBill_S Frets: 102
    Stunning colour and overall gorgeousness!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • LPManicLPManic Frets: 1112
    Very pretty
  • PC_DavePC_Dave Frets: 3410
    Stunning! I really miss my Alt T :(
    This week's procrastination forum might be moved to sometime next week.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7898
    Very nice
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8573
    Very nice - I’ve owned one for getting on for 3 years and it compliments my own CS ‘60s Strat very well - as you say it’s very articulate - I could cover pretty much all ground with one of these and a Strat. 
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3349
    Great guitars and regret having to sell mine.

Enjoy it :)
  • Thanks for all of the nice comments everyone, good to hear from other owners too! 

I’m really surprised that I seem to be able to play with more accuracy on this neck, sounds weird to say, especially considering that I love the neck on my strat! Nice sanded back on it, 9.5 radius. 

I’m also surprised how easy the transition from playing with single coils to humbuckers has been! I’ve not really had to alter how I play much. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • simonksimonk Frets: 1467
    Such a great guitar. Looks ace in that colour.
  • BranshenBranshen Frets: 1222
    Ssv humbuckers? I have the neck in one of my guitars and it does split really well. Lots of usable tones. 
  • Yeah they’re SSVs! 
  • UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 13045
    I'm not big on Suhr guitars, and humbuckers aren't really my thing. 

But thats ace. Love it to pieces. Great work! 
  • richman6100richman6100 Frets: 348
    Congrats @guitarblaster, stunning looking guitar. Love my custom Alt-T - one of the best purchases I've ever made.
  • Thanks fellas, been playing it more today and I can see this becoming my main guitar, where when I bought it, the thinking was my strat was still gonna be my go to guitar! Unexpected for sure, it's down to how versatile it is and how good the playability is. 
  • PC_DavePC_Dave Frets: 3410
    @Wazmeister will tell you how versatile these can be - he adores his. He was the reason I got one last year  =)
    This week's procrastination forum might be moved to sometime next week.
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9715
    PC_Dave said:
    @Wazmeister will tell you how versatile these can be - he adores his. He was the reason I got one last year  =)
    I was using a Masterbuilt Tele (which was a lovely guitar) when I bought my Suht Alt T Pro. And I bought it blind after a recommendation from @Kebabkid :)

I soon sold the Tele; the Suhr was that good. Its still my number one giggng guitar, and is so so versatile, whilst somehow having a vintage feel, imho.

Congrats on yours; that is a cool colour :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Thanks! I’d read your impressions in other threads and it caused me to want one even more! Totally agree on the vintage/modern thing, it’s a brilliant blend!