Steve Stine

What's Hot
MartinBushMartinBush Frets: 260
Is it any coincidence that the moment I opt out of receiving several emails a day from Steve Stine about his guitar courses, every advert on YouTube is one of his?

To be honest the videos are far more welcome than the emails...
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• LewyLewy Frets: 4376
    Count yourself luck you’re not being bombarded by this bastard every time you fire up YouTube...

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23635

I've never subscribed to anything from Steve Stine, but just about every YouTube video I watch gets interrupted by his adverts.

The other bloke, whoever the hell he is, frequently appears too.  I think he tells me I could learn to play solos to any song within about 5 minutes, but it sounds too much like hard work.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stratman3142stratman3142 Frets: 2226
    Lewy said:
    Count yourself luck you’re not being bombarded by this bastard every time you fire up YouTube...

Aaaaargh. I thought the forum was a safe space. There's no escape. And don't mention Grammarly.

It's not a competition.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I've been subjected to a Steve Stine advert bombardment on youtube over the last month! Such tactics put me off watching his videos. 
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28354
    Sure his ads turn up, like all the others. I never watch any ads so I'm not bothered whether they are him or someone else. The guy is just trying to make a living from music so good luck to him.

The only fix is no ads at all on YouTube, which is what we had in the good old days. I guess they are the price we pay for an amazing free resource.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23635

I'd never heard of Steve Stine, but a few weeks ago I watched a lockdown-cover-version video by some other guitarist - I can't remember who it was - which also featured Mr Stine. 

Ever since then, no day goes past without encountering his PRS and Ibanez guitar collection, stringy hair, dodgy tattoos and oddly Sunday-School-teacherish voice.

• RoysterdoysterRoysterdoyster Frets: 617
    edited June 2020
    I quite like Steve, but that guitar mastery fella can do one. What can’t these ads be honest. I’m launching my new course below. 

“Wanna play any solo in any key in any position, and unlock the fretboard”?

”well then practice for about a decade at least, maybe 2 or 3...or in fact, make that the rest of your life....learn theory from the bottom up.... listen to 2.6m songs, and hang out with other musicians who are better than you, and you might have a outside chance”! 

Would that work?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • MartinBushMartinBush Frets: 260
    To be fair, his videos are quite good. What's not good is getting several emails a day from various senders, all about his courses.

I did find it odd that as soon as I opted out of the emails the videos fired up...
  • soma1975soma1975 Frets: 7025
    Best button on youtube

My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
  • THANK YOU FOR CHECKING OUT GUITAR TRICKS RECENTLY
    Just so people are aware. I have no idea what any of these words mean.
  • MartinBushMartinBush Frets: 260
    You can't keep Steve Stine down.

I unsubscribed but he found a way to reach me again. Twice by email within a couple of hours.

Good grief.