Squier Bullet Mustang...functional?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• WezVWezV Frets: 16965
    apologies for adding another comment but have just been playing the mustang through my boss gt-1 pedal.

am actually blown away with how it sounds tbh (and plays also with the short scale,just my bad playing letting things down lol).

man the pickups sound great to my ears and the neck feels like an ibanez wizard neck to me if that makes any sense (i have a j mascis jazzmaster as my other guitar,the neck is more vintage feeling than the mustang).

also impressed by the volume and tone pots,they actually do make a difference when you turn them down a bit.

overall am blown away by the guitar especially considering the reasonable price :-)

i will shut up now.
    I actually kept the controls stock on mine, despite upgrading or changing nearly everything else.  I'm so used to ripping them out of cheap guitars, it was a real nice surprise to not have to

I was going to change tuners for some vintage style white button ones... But I was using it yesterday, finally strung with 11's, and I just didn't feel it was needed.  I still might on next string change just for the look
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • racefaceec90racefaceec90 Frets: 1021
    edited June 2020
    apologies took a photo and trying to link it here.
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/HZx7iVwKWvNdHrv26
    Hopefully the link works. 

my mustang with my j mascis and squier jazz bass.

i like cake :-) here's my youtube channel   https://www.youtube.com/user/racefaceec90 

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4250
    WezV said:
    apologies for adding another comment but have just been playing the mustang through my boss gt-1 pedal.

am actually blown away with how it sounds tbh (and plays also with the short scale,just my bad playing letting things down lol).

man the pickups sound great to my ears and the neck feels like an ibanez wizard neck to me if that makes any sense (i have a j mascis jazzmaster as my other guitar,the neck is more vintage feeling than the mustang).

also impressed by the volume and tone pots,they actually do make a difference when you turn them down a bit.

overall am blown away by the guitar especially considering the reasonable price :-)

i will shut up now.
    I actually kept the controls stock on mine, despite upgrading or changing nearly everything else.  I'm so used to ripping them out of cheap guitars, it was a real nice surprise to not have to

I was going to change tuners for some vintage style white button ones... But I was using it yesterday, finally strung with 11's, and I just didn't feel it was needed.  I still might on next string change just for the look
    Likewise - the stock electronics and tuners on mine are perfectly serviceable! I did swap the buttons out for some ivoroid ones that I had lying around though that happened to fit, they do a passing job at the white-button look.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Gerz6558Gerz6558 Frets: 778
    Strung mine with 11's as soon as I got it. Stays in tune perfectly with a nice low action.

These are brilliant stock.
  • LooseMooseLooseMoose Frets: 940
    I (hopefully) have one of these guys on its way to me on Tuesday. Already planning the mods...with WezV for inspiration!

Thinking HB-sized P90s as I already have Strat and Humbucker sounds covered elsewhere.
  • MudcrutchMudcrutch Frets: 323
    I bought two black bullet mustangs for a bit of lockdown fun with my son back in April .
    All we’ve done is change the strings use some Dunlop lemon oil on fretboard and buff the frets.
    It was the most fun I’ve had with a guitar in over a decade.
    I could do some mods but tbh I don’t see the point.
    Its a great value for money fun to play guitar.
    I’ve since bought a strat with a humbucker because of it.