Les Paul left hand Kluson Delux Tuner

What's Hot
LebondLebond Frets: 13
Hello all

This morning my 2014 Les Paul Studio suffered a slight mishap when it was knocked off its stand by my 3 year old son.  Fortunately my son is OK and the guitar only has a broken top left hand tuner.

Does anyone have a single left hand or full set of Kluson Delux Tuners they are willing to sell?  I have removed the tuner from the guitar and it has TPKLICWD written on it.

Many thanks.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 73061
    Just to be clear - the D string tuner? Left or right depends on which side you're looking at it from :).

Nickel or gold plating?
    Snot-coloured plastic key, or metal? If snot-coloured, how many rings at the bases of the key - one or two?
    Nut on the front collar, or a plain small metal ring?

Depending on the answer I probably have one... Gibson have used most or all these variations at one time or another, and I can't remember about 2014.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• SteveRobinsonSteveRobinson Frets: 7126
    tFB Trader
    TPKLICWD stands for TonePros Kluson LICensed to WD music products.

While they lasted they were great tuners but no longer made unfortunately.

I have some (both sides) in my spares box.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23635

Feline reckons the current Faber tuners he's stocking are the same as TonePros Klusons.  Which is good news.

They will be closer than my random collection :).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• LebondLebond Frets: 13
    Thanks ICBM and Steve for the quick replies.

The tuner is from the 'D' string and appears to be nickle plated with a green one ring peg.

edited June 2020
    I have some of that general type (not TonePros), but Steve's will be dead on.

Don't blame your son by the way - the reason we have these as spares is because they so commonly break, often with the smallest knock. Gibson have used so many versions of them that matching them isn't always easy (even discounting different amounts of tarnish on the nickel), and often the best thing for the customer is to fit a whole new set. I will then buy back the other five to keep for other customers!

Unfortunately there is no other type of tuner that exactly fits both the mounting holes and the bore diameter - there are several varieties of these, made by two or three different manufacturers, but they all share the same construction and all can break.

Thanks for the info ICBM, I will message Steve
  • SteveRobinsonSteveRobinson Frets: 7126
    tFB Trader
    It could have been much worse. When my kids were little, I played a Telecaster.
    I can understand why, it was probably the 'cheaper' maple neck on the studio that saved it from breaking.
    Lebond said:
    I can understand why, it was probably the 'cheaper' maple neck on the studio that saved it from breaking.
    If it makes you feel better, about 25 years ago I dropped a customer's Les Paul Custom. It fell from about waist height onto the back of the headstock.

All I can say is thank God for Norlin and their unfashionable maple necks :). It was a '77 or '78.

And since that day I have never, ever picked up a guitar case without checking that the latches were closed. You only get that lucky once.