Can anyone identify this Tele neck?

Jimbro66Jimbro66 Frets: 2432
edited June 2020 in Guitar
The is a Tele neck I bought a few years ago but have no note of what make it is. There are no maker's markings at all, just a felt pen date 2013. It's very attractively figured maple with a honey lacquer finish and with a particularly nice fretboard and medium-ish frets which are very well finished. Plastic nut. The neck has a medium-to-shallow C profile that I find comfortable but would not suit chunky neck lovers. The no-name tuners seem OK. A clue to its origins might be the truss rod adjustment: Instead of the usual Fender cross-head it has a 4mm Allen key adjuster and what feels like a double-action truss rod.

Taken from a non-Fender guitar? Or perhaps one sold by Allparts, WD Music or one of the Fretboard traders?

Anyone have any ideas?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• hoopshoops Frets: 235
    Could it be a GSPBasses neck possibly?
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73061
    It looks very Chinese to me, but I could be wrong.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• Jimbro66Jimbro66 Frets: 2432
    hoops said:
    Could it be a GSPBasses neck possibly?
    Maybe but I have one of Graham's Tele necks with a double-action truss rod and it has the normal cross-head adjustment not Allen key.

ICBM said:
    It looks very Chinese to me, but I could be wrong.
    The most likely answer. If so it is very well made but perhaps some Chinese necks are?
  • HenrytwangHenrytwang Frets: 473
    Looks Chinese to me. I’ve had some very nice Chinese made Tele style necks over the years, in fact I believe that the excellent Allparts necks are made in the Far East.
  • gavin_axecastergavin_axecaster Frets: 527
    tFB Trader
    Allparts are made in Japan.
    Definitely looks Chinese - the allen bolt truss rod adjuster is the giveaway.
    Some Chinese necks can be good and they do like figured woods.
  • Jimbro66Jimbro66 Frets: 2432
    Thanks Gavin I think that is pretty well conclusive then.

Thanks everyone for your comments. Once again the Fretboard is a mine of information.