Strat switch tip knobs for Superswitch

What's Hot
SunDevilSunDevil Frets: 511
edited June 2020 in Guitar
Picked up a lovely Suhr JM in these here parts recently and the previous owner had flagged that the super switch had been replaced

Works perfectly (very happy camper!), but the switch tip doesn't go down the shaft of the switch fully

https://i.imgur.com/7I8CkEw.jpg

I've had the same issue before when I put a super switch into a Strat

I've bought a couple of 5mm switch tips (pictured with the largest I could find after a fair amount of web scouring) and neither will go down the way you'd want them to (been resisting the double-entendre until now, but fek it!)

Comparing the ones I've got with the one on another Suhr, it's a size bigger again

When do I get these from, short of spending 300% of the price on getting one shipped from Suhr?
The answer was never 42 - it's 1/137 (..ish)
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 73061
    Put some thick cardboard around the switch lever to protect the pickguard, and heat the lever with a soldering iron just below the tip while pushing down on the tip. You may need a tiny bit of solder on the iron to get a good quick thermal transfer.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SunDevilSunDevil Frets: 511
    Cheers @ICBM  - as ever :-)

The answer was never 42 - it's 1/137 (..ish)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom