Steve Earle - Guitar GAS On A Major Scale

WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9715
edited June 2020 in Guitar
Im a huge Steve Earle fan; probably one of the best lyricists Ive encountered. Amazing live, and cool as f@#£.

Anyway, he had launced a new series looking at his massive guitar collection. Looks like his GAS is on another level, and probably a replacement for his other addictions.

Honest, open, fascinating.

It’s goona be a great series !

https://youtu.be/6mj7wYrCrE0
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Creed_ClicksCreed_Clicks Frets: 1420
    Wow ! Will watch this. I’m not one for hoarding instruments but would be interested in listening to Earle as I never would have had him down as someone who had a big collection of guitars but I suppose if you’ve been around and touring for as long as he has and say, bought 1 guitar every year, it wouldn’t be long adding up!
  • KoaKoa Frets: 122
    Unfortunately the sound quality is poor making him difficult to listen to. Shame he’s really interesting and of course ,cool guitars 
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9715
    I'm looking forward to so much here, including his Teles and Trussart models :)
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9715
    Koa said:
    Unfortunately the sound quality is poor making him difficult to listen to. Shame he’s really interesting and of course ,cool guitars 
    Episode 2 has much better sound quality:)
  • koneguitaristkoneguitarist Frets: 4216
    saw him with the Dukes, awful gig, came cross as a typical whiny yank. then i saw him quite a few years later at Royal Festival hall with Del McCoury band. whole band just used one mic and the sound quality was superb. one of the best gigs i have ever been to. 
  • earwighoneyearwighoney Frets: 3507
    He's a guy who's always been vocal about his addictions so it's probably a good thing he spent his money on guitars rather than heroin/cocaine!

Great song writer, singer and seems a very humble chap as well.

Thanks for posting it Waz will check them out.
  • rprrpr Frets: 310
    Fairly long, but good interview with Steve Jones here -