Les Paul compromises?

What's Hot
dc77dc77 Frets: 28
Afternoon all.
Commented on a thread earlier that's prompted me to ask.
I have a LP style guitar (Vintage V100 PGM) and to get the action where I like on the high e side the string is just touching the rear of the bridge. To get it clear makes the string height to low for how I like. The tail piece is screwed fully down.
I don't really want to top wrap. All I've found is regular string breakage where the high e passes over the back side of tail piece. 
So what is a preferred compromise? High e lightly touching the bridge? Or on this guitar in particular back off the tail piece screws about half a turn? 

Correct neck angle comments welcome  :)
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 73061
    I wouldn't worry at all about the high E touching the bridge. It only becomes a problem when most of them do and there's a significant downward angle there.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • gringopiggringopig Frets: 2648
    edited July 2020
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • DanielsguitarsDanielsguitars Frets: 3310
    tFB Trader
    Raising a tailpiece doesn't do much imo, having played a real 58 that had a higher  tailpiece than I'd want I came to this conclusion, it still sounded and played played superb
    www.danielsguitars.co.uk
    (formerly customkits)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom