Tele custom advice please

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• MatthutchMatthutch Frets: 32
    Thanks everyone. I found a decent deal on a MIM Nashville Tele so I’m going to go down that route and think about swapping out the neck pickup.

cheers for all the info, it was really useful
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14771
    IIRC, the MIM Deluxe Series Nashville Telecaster has a vast pickup cavity under the pickguard, encompassing both the neck and centre pickups. Thus, it can easily be converted from SSS to SH and back again.

With the stock centre and neck pickups both suspended through the ‘guard, you won’t lose their height adjustments during the change over.

It is possible to obtain replacement pickguards cut for the WRHB or correctly sized imitations. IMO, an A4 PAF replica, a Filter’Tron or a Firebird pickup would be just as interesting.

Loaded1me said:
    P90 in the neck rather than humbucker
    This week, I have been mostly tweaking an elderly Squier Telecaster with one of those “Strat-voiced” neck position pickups and a fancy Freeway selector switch. The series, in phase combination does a passable impersonation of a P90.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • Look for a used Japanese 72 Custom, nicer than the Mexican ones, preferably 80s, they are about 

• @Matthutch If you need one, I have an unused Fender Tele Custom pickguard.
    'Vot eva happened to the Transylvanian Tvist?'
  • MatthutchMatthutch Frets: 32
    @Matthutch If you need one, I have an unused Fender Tele Custom pickguard.
    Thanks! I’m picking the guitar up on Wednesday so I’ll play it for a bit and see how I get on with the pickups before I think about swapping anything out