Planet waves locking straps - any good?

I need a suitably loud checkerboard strap to go with the new beastie. Is the plastic lock on the planet waves strap any good, or should I just get a normal strap and Grolsch it? (Can’t fit schaller strap pins etc due to the way the pin is recessed in the upper horn)
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• SnagsSnags Frets: 5460
    I've got a few and they've never let me down, which other methods have.

However, they are a bit limited. Can't use them on my Bigsby equipped guitar as not enough clearance. And the straps are 'OK' but limited choice and no comfort/wide options (unless that has changed).
  • BlueingreenBlueingreen Frets: 2648
    edited June 2020
    I have a few and really liked them although gradually I've replaced them with Levy's suede straps on most of my guitars.  Very good vfm, system works well, good looking if you like a cloth strap which many do.  Only downsides for me:

- prefer a wider strap on a heavier guitar
    - they don't always go on easily or even at all if your guitar has the bigger strap buttons you get on the likes or PRS/Suhr etc
    “To a man with a hammer every problem looks like a nail.”
  • I have a few and really liked them although gradually I've replaced them with Levy's suede straps on most of my guitars.  Very good vfm, system works well, good looking if you like a cloth strap which many do.  Only downsides for me:

- prefer a wider strap on a heavier guitar
    - they don't always go on easily or even at all if your guitar has the bigger strap buttons you get on the likes or PRS/Suhr etc
    Yeah agree about the last point. Works well on my Gibson and Gordon Smith, on my Strat and Tele I never feel it's really locked.