CS 51 Nocaster neck pickup - user opinions

ZoolooterZoolooter Frets: 888
I have one and love it. Tried a few boutique brands and nothing impressed me as much as the CS 51. Also tried a twisted tele, too thin/bright, hard to put into the right words, but it wasn’t for me. 

What I like about the CS 51 is that there seems to be more clarity there than all the rest, but not too much or too Straty. So, has anyone that has been happy with a CS 51 neck found something else they prefer and reasons why.

I ask, as I’m putting together another tele and don’t want to put the same pickups in it.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14793
    I have the stock pickup in my Nocaster. I can foresee no circumstances in which I would replace it. I also have one of the Fender aftermarket versions of this pickup in an AVRI ‘52 Telecaster. In both host guitars, the trick is to adjust its height properly.

I recently installed an Alegree Frigid Haze Tele-format neck position pickup in a basswood-bodied MIJ guitar. Very nice.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • ZoolooterZoolooter Frets: 888
    The CS 51 neck has taller mags than standard but not as tall as the twisted tele, Going off what I’ve read on the forums.This gives it the extra touch of brightness/clarity. Surprised no one has cloned it, if they have the taller mags has not been stated in the makers description.