SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS / FT Peavey TKO 115 Bass Combo

AlunAlun Frets: 125
Hi folks!

Up for trade or sale here is my trusty old Peavey TKO 115 bass combo. A little bit dusty around the edges but otherwise in good condition and in full working order. Bought probably about 10 years ago now but has been left largely unused for a few years as I've moved more towards guitar than bass lately. It's been a great combo over the years and I've never felt the need to replace it, it's only going really as I'm getting increasingly pressured for space and don't need to play bass live much these days. 

A manual can be found here, but in a nutshell the combo features:
75 watts (might not sound like a lot but trust me, this thing is plenty loud)
15-inch speaker
Pre-gain and volume controls
Bright/normal switch
Active/passive switch
Countour bypass switch
DDT speaker protection
7-band graphic EQ (with on/off switch)
Low/high controls
Balanced line-level output with ground lift switch
Headphone output
External speaker jack
Post-EQ FX loop send/return

It might not be high-end but this is still a great bas amp IMO and I've always loved the tonal control that the graphic EQ offers. For an inexpensive combo it offers a pretty broad spectrum of tones and features, which is why I went with it in the first place (after trying out every sub-£500 combo I could find). The downside is that the amp is pretty damn heavy with only a top-handle to carry the load.

The other good thing (from a buyer's perspective anyway) is that these amps seem to have depreciated in value quite a bit over the years, so I feel like this is a pretty good bargain for anyone out there that might be on the lookout for an inexpensive option for recording and gigging with a bass. 

Now in terms of price, these things tend to vary anywhere up to about £180 from what I've seen, but I think that's a bit much and so would probably look for something closer to £100 (or nearest sensible offer). Due to the weight (and lack of a box) the buyer would have to collect, and the amp is located in Wokingham (near Reading). 

However, as the amp isn't worth a whole lot of cash, I'd actually much rather trade it for something. Value doesn't really matter - it could be a single pedal, some pickups, spare parts or a totally knackered old guitar, so if you've got something old and unwanted lying around that's not really worth selling, let me know and I'll give everything full consideration. 

OK, enough talk, here's some pics of the beast taken this morning. It does need a little clean but obviously I'll do my best to shine 'er up before final sale/trade. 

Thanks for viewing! If you have any questions or offers, please just drop me a PM or post here. Cheers!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom