Almost fancy a Les Paul

What's Hot
TeflonTeflon Frets: 229
I love my Burns guitars, and also have a strong fondness for Fenders, but this clip almost makes me want a Les Paul (almost! ;) ).

I know they're miming in the film, but Franny Beecher was one heck of a guitarist in my view :) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7ye2WTHb90&feature=youtu.be
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• tony99tony99 Frets: 7220
    lol, what the fuck's gone on there???

if you wanna lezza, you go get one, but don't try any that weird shit from  the vid
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TeflonTeflon Frets: 229
    Nah, I'll be sticking with my Burns :) . Love the sound of that LP though, and I've always admired Beechers playing. I'd give my right arm to be able to play like him, but that wouldn't work either :s
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23697

The funny thing is, for my entire life I've thought of Bill Haley & his Comets as a bunch of slightly comical old geezers who were ancient history before I was even born.

Watching that, they're sharp-dressed young men and Beecher is as cool as fuck.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8221
    Philly_Q said:

The funny thing is, for my entire life I've thought of Bill Haley & his Comets as a bunch of slightly comical old geezers who were ancient history before I was even born.

Absolutely what I was thinking too. 

I know nostalgia brings out the rose-tinted glasses but doesn't that just look like THE most magical of times....

Brilliant. Thanks for posting, OP.
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
  • RedlesterRedlester Frets: 1072
    He looks like Jack Kerouac meets Joe Strummer. Cool as. 

Let’s face it gents, in terms of style and design, between 1945 and the day Kennedy died the Yanks got it absolutely right. 

• TeflonTeflon Frets: 229
    Philly_Q said:

My work here is done :3