Hardtail Strat/Tele bridge saddle recommendations

SeziertischSeziertisch Frets: 1376
I have a Tenor Telecaster with a hardtail bridge with modern saddles.

What do people think of this style of bridge and would there be anything to be gained from a change of saddle type or material?

Cheers
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14793
    The Tenor Tele bridge is adapted from the regular Fender MIM Standard design. I cannot recall whether its saddles are machined from steel or brass. (A quick wave of a magnet should provide the answer.)

Whatever the material is, it is a safe bet that Fender voiced the TT pickups to compliment the natural acoustic tone of those saddles. If you change from, say, brass to steel, things could become screechy.

Having tried a Tenor Tele, I formed the opinion that its looks and sound were irrelevant to the function of the instrument. Depending on tuning, it belongs in the uke/mandola/dulcimer department. There is no need for it to twang like James Oliver™ or bash out the chords like Rick Parfitt.

GraphTech Stringsaver saddles will fit. These are available in various shapes, materials and widths. (I imagine that the TT would be Metric.)
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • SeziertischSeziertisch Frets: 1376
    The Tenor Tele bridge is adapted from the regular Fender MIM Standard design. I cannot recall whether its saddles are machined from steel or brass. (A quick wave of a magnet should provide the answer.)

Whatever the material is, it is a safe bet that Fender voiced the TT pickups to compliment the natural acoustic tone of those saddles. If you change from, say, brass to steel, things could become screechy.

Having tried a Tenor Tele, I formed the opinion that its looks and sound were irrelevant to the function of the instrument. Depending on tuning, it belongs in the uke/mandola/dulcimer department. There is no need for it to twang like James Oliver™ or bash out the chords like Rick Parfitt.

GraphTech Stringsaver saddles will fit. These are available in various shapes, materials and widths. (I imagine that the TT would be Metric.)
    @Funkfingers ;Thanks for the feedback, if, say one was looking for more twang or more chunk from the saddles, what do people like?

Also, I'm think about changing the jack socket as the trad Tele-style socket has given me grief in the past. Do people have a preference for electro-socket or a metal Les Paul style one?