Shipping a Guitar to Norway - HELP

What's Hot
As per title I'm intending to (hopefully) sell a guitar to a buyer in Norway. I've shipped a number of guitars from the UK to mainland Europe before however I'm aware Norway is subject of certain customs regulations due to being outwit the EU.

Has anyone here shipped to Norway before and can advise which (if any) paper work needs to be completed at my end prior to sending the guitar? From what I can tell I may need to fill in a 'Commercial Invoice' which needs to be attached to the guitar and the rest will be done on the buyers end? 

Any pointers would be appreciated.
Cheers! 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• gary_macgary_mac Frets: 66
    I would advise getting on to Parcel Flight, last year I sold to a forum member in Scandinavia, they dealt with it perfectly and sorted all the necessary paperwork.  
  • StrangefanStrangefan Frets: 5844
    I woukd advise on just not doing it full stop, of anything goes wrong the onus is purely on you, is it worth the risk for the sale? 
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14824
    tFB Trader
    click on www.interparcel.com and select the UPS option - the 'commercial paperwork' required is part of the on-line form to fill in with sender/receiver name/address etc - Easy to follow etc

You'll need 5/6 copies - 1 for the driver upon collection and the others to put in a 'documents folder' on the parcel itself - Just use an A4 envelope, taped to the box and clearly mark it documents enclosed

Should all be a formality

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • cm01cm01 Frets: 487
    I just had a guitar shipped from the UK to Australia with FedX via Interparcel - cost me £50 and took 5 days to get here with no problems at all