0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • mikeyrob73mikeyrob73 Frets: 4697
    Zero positive feedback rings my alarm bells straight away 

steer clear 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 1024
    Avoid!
  • The text and pictures from the Les Paul were used in a Gumtree scam back in Februaury. Then the guitar was in Shetland. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73086
    gringopig said:
    Well, no. This has all the signs of a scam. The seller has 2 items for sale, both highly desirable and auction only at such a low price that it would attract bargain hunters blinded by such an attractive prospect at such a low auction price.
    The account has had no recent history and past feedback from totally unrelated sellers. Megafancydress?

No history of selling musical equipment and 2 sets of photographs posted within 5 minutes with differing backdrops. Nothing to suggest they are from the same source. 3 photos of one and only 1 of the other.

Avoid.
    And a suspiciously similar number of bids from "buyers" who seem curiously willing to piss about raising the price of multi-thousand-pound guitars by a tenner or two at a go...

More red flags than a Chinese People's Liberation Army parade.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• Arktik83Arktik83 Frets: 431
    Hopefully those shill bidding top hats will just end up with having to have an awkward conversation with eBay about how they're not able to pay for the item they've just won.  Can always say their kid placed a bid at the last minute, had a few people trot out that line to me when it comes payment day.
  • LPManicLPManic Frets: 1112
    Yep I “won” a R8 on eBay last month for €1,350.

Knew it was dodgy as seller had no feedback and no ratings. Also was able to google image search photos and even eBay description. 

Still was nice to dream for a second I was getting a cheap R8!!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Arktik83Arktik83 Frets: 431
    LPManic said:

Knew it was dodgy as seller had no feedback and no ratings. Also was able to google image search photos and even eBay description. 

What happened?  Did they cancel the transaction there end or did they string you along?
  • LPManicLPManic Frets: 1112
    Arktik83 said:
    LPManic said:

What happened?  Did they cancel the transaction there end or did they string you along?
     Nothing happened. I won the listing and then messaged the seller twice but no reply.