SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS: Rare Rickenbacker and Mosrites

What's Hot
MarkeebeeMarkeebee Frets: 62
edited July 2020 in Guitars £
You know how it goes, just when you think you've got all the angles covered, something comes along and tilts the world a little.

So I'm moving on a few lovely things.  Let me know if any interest and I'll send more pics and details. 

https://imgur.com/lADzPOx.jpg

1989 Ricky 360WB
I really like the pointy horns rather than the more rounded ones you normally get on a 360.  To my eye, this has got all the best bits of a Ricky, like no other.....pointy horns, binding, crushed shark inlays, R tailpiece, overwound pickups.  Comes with Ricky case.  £2200.00 thank you please.

https://imgur.com/9D8jSxH.jpg

1967 Mosrite Combo. 
Rare as a very rare thing, especially in this condition.  A tiny bit of buckle rash, some lacquer checking, that's it.  Comes with original case.  £2200 thank you please bargain thank you.

https://imgur.com/TbzSoXB.jpg

1972 (I think) Mosrite Blues Bender.
Also stupid rare, but this one's been around the block.  There's something uber cool about it, whenever I strap it on my penis\ and ballons get hot and sticky.  No case,  £1500.00 I can't believe it thank you.

Collection from beautiful bouncing Brighton.  Form a queue, but keep your distance.  Thank you x
0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6905
    The 360WB? is wonderful. It’ll need a price though. 
    Previously known as stevebrum
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MarkeebeeMarkeebee Frets: 62
    Iamnobody said:
    Thanks.  There's a price in the text.  Obviously it's so low that you didn't see it.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Iamnobody said:
    Ooops.  Yep, it's a 360WB, not a 380WB as my errant fat fingers typed.  Edited now.  Cheers!
  • TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3202
    Markeebee said:
    Iamnobody said:
    Thanks.  There's a price in the text.  Obviously it's so low that you didn't see it.
    That’s beautiful and a damn good price too, nearest online is £2800. Best of luck with the sale dude.
  • GavRichListGavRichList Frets: 7162
    I have already ogled this Ric on reverb. Delightful. Though confusing, owing to the million pictures of other guitars in the same listing. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    I have already ogled this Ric on reverb. Delightful. Though confusing, owing to the million pictures of other guitars in the same listing. 
    Soz, I'm not sure I follow?  There aren't any pics of other guitars on my Reverb listing, are there? 
  • merlinmerlin Frets: 6684
    Mosrite Blues Bender is top bill hooks. Fourking handles, as they say. 

Can you describe the neck please? And does the weight bring on physiotherapy needs ?
    ;) 
  • UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 12901
    Markeebee said:
    Soz, I'm not sure I follow?  There aren't any pics of other guitars on my Reverb listing, are there? 
    There are photos of a lovely Rickenbacker followed by a red jaguar, a black Mosrite, a red mosrite, a firebird, and a telecaster.

Nice guitars all but I'm not sure you meant to post them all on Reverb :)  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8189
    Markeebee said:
    There are photos of a lovely Rickenbacker followed by a red jaguar, a black Mosrite, a red mosrite, a firebird, and a telecaster.

He's right, you know...

Rickenbacker 360WB Jetglo 1982 https://reverb.com/item/34399110-rickenbacker-360wb-jetglo-1982?utm_source=android-app&utm_medium=android-share&utm_campaign=listing&utm_content=34399110
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
    Hattigol said:
    Markeebee said:

He's right, you know...

Rickenbacker 360WB Jetglo 1982 https://reverb.com/item/34399110-rickenbacker-360wb-jetglo-1982?utm_source=android-app&utm_medium=android-share&utm_campaign=listing&utm_content=34399110
    I have no idea how that happened. When I go to my Reverb listing, it only shows the Ricky. If I log out and visit the listing it shows the other pics as well. 

Weird. 
    merlin said:
    Mosrite Blues Bender is top bill hooks. Fourking handles, as they say. 

Can you describe the neck please? And does the weight bring on physiotherapy needs ? ;) 
    The neck is quite odd, to be fair. Not at all like a normal mosrite broomstick. It's quite slim, front to back, and the back of the neck is almost flat, almost like a plank with the edges rounded off. I like it, but it's a bit odd at first. 

It's not that heavy, closer to an SG than a LP. 
  • JohnPerryJohnPerry Frets: 1620
    edited July 2020
    The Reverb ad says the Rick is from 1982. It also says it is from 1990. It also says it is 23 years old, implying 1997. And the listing here says 1989. Can you confirm which is right? 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    JohnPerry said:
    The Reverb ad says the Rick is from 1982. It also says it is from 1990. It also says it is 23 years old, implying 1997. And the listing here says 1989. Can you confirm which is right? 

Ah yes, that's the beauty of cut and paste. And incompetence. 

I copied the blurb from the shop ad from whence I bought it about seven years ago https://guitargiraffe.com/en/sold-gallery/90-150-rickenbacker-360-wb-jetglo-0717669968925.html

I forgot to alter the text, which accounts for the "23 years" bit. The Reverb ad is cut and paste from another 360WB, I've put it right now. 

It's 1990. Pot codes agree. 

Sorry for confusion! 

• GavRichListGavRichList Frets: 7162
    Aside from that though, nailed the listing :dissapointed: 

still, lovely guitar - id have it in a heartbeat 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    I really feel I've underperformed here
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom