Bike SatNav Bluetooth in-ear

What's Hot
I'm off to France first week of August on the Blue Max http://i691.photobucket.com/albums/vv274/AndyP335/Cafe conversion/BlueMaxcafeart.jpg and although I won't be going very quickly and have no trouble reading maps, I fancy combining ear protection with voice direction. Phone app or dedicated SatNav ? 

If it was affordable I might go as far as bike-to-bike radio.  My main concern however would be how to keep it powered up.  I've put an AMX battery under the seat and it's not conveniently accessible.

"Nobody needs more than 20 strats." Mike Landau
0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Ace picture and lovely bike!

I've just insured by bike. Getting it MOT'd this week. Can't wait to get out on it!

Sorry for the not relevant post! I just had to offer you a wow!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33998
    edited June 2014
    I use my phone which sits in my jacket pocket and the TomTom app, which is brilliant- gives you options for going via windy roads etc.
    I have a Cardo Sho1 bluetooth headset that fits into Shoei helmets.

It was fucking expensive- around £300- but it fits the helmets perfectly.
    You could get any of the Scala headset things- they start at £70 or so and go up to a couple of hundred for more features.

Single earphone that plugs in.
    I used this exact one for a while.
    It is ok- maybe not loud enough for motorways, esp with earplugs.

Did consider the TomTom rider but it is a lot of money for functionality that I already have with my iPhone.
    Also, I don't like having a screen when riding- sounds like a recipe for disaster.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FusionistaFusionista Frets: 184
    Ace picture and lovely bike!

I've just insured by bike. Getting it MOT'd this week. Can't wait to get out on it!

Sorry for the not relevant post! I just had to offer you a wow!
    I liked the pun, have a LOL :)
  • FusionistaFusionista Frets: 184
    Thanks @octatonic - think I am going the iPhone route next, maybe before my contract runs out in November so looking for a deal on a 5s.  That said, the Apple app gets some stick on web reviews in comparison with TomTom, Garmin etc, mainly for being slow.

Won't be buying a Shoei helmet and looking for twin earphones to double as ear protection, but all good stuff.
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33998
    Schubert have their own system if that works for you.
    Otherwise the Scala stuff works in any helmet.
  • Sitrep: iPhone is great, except a) gets very hot, b) runs out of power quickly and c) loses signal too often.

Someone has recommended Nokia to me now but for now will stick with real maps!