Reverend Greg Koch sig,

What's Hot
spark240spark240 Frets: 2100
Anyone tried one?

They look pretty well spec'd for £1200 ?

Mac Mini M1
Presonus Studio One V5
 https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
 https://twitter.com/spark240
 Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
Reddit r/newmusicreview 
1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16426
    @Lewy ;  ?
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16426
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • LewyLewy Frets: 4405
    edited July 2020
    Yep, I've got one - and agree for the money the spec is very good especially when you consider the electronics would cost you over £300.

It was my first Reverend and very impressed by the quality. Finish is poly but THIN as opposed to typical poly entombment and the whole thing feels very alive in the hands. It's light too (courtesy of chambered Korina body). Very modern feeling neck - big frets, compound radius etc so it doesn't feel too tele-esque in that regard, but very easy to play.

Only criticism I'd say is that I think too much is made of the electronics having two distinct voices (i.e. white guard and black guard). To my ears, it's just a boost which doesn't affect the tone noticeably. Still very handy, but it's not like having two guitars in one.

I'd recommend. Let me know if you have any questions.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • fields5069fields5069 Frets: 3826
    I've been tempted, but in my opinion a sig guitar should at least have a case.
    Some folks like water, some folks like wine.
    My feedback thread is here.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4258
    I’m sure they’ll sell you one for a bit extra ;)
  • fields5069fields5069 Frets: 3826
    A lovely teardrop case for £170! I kick myself every day, for selling my US Rev with case. IIRC it was around £450 - £500 to import, back in 2003.
    Some folks like water, some folks like wine.
    My feedback thread is here.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • spark240spark240 Frets: 2100
    Lewy said:
    Yep, I've got one - and agree for the money the spec is very good especially when you consider the electronics would cost you over £300.

It was my first Reverend and very impressed by the quality. Finish is poly but THIN as opposed to typical poly entombment and the whole thing feels very alive in the hands. It's light too (courtesy of chambered Korina body). Very modern feeling neck - big frets, compound radius etc so it doesn't feel too tele-esque in that regard, but very easy to play.

Only criticism I'd say is that I think too much is made of the electronics having two distinct voices (i.e. white guard and black guard). To my ears, it's just a boost which doesn't affect the tone noticeably. Still very handy, but it's not like having two guitars in one.

I saw a live stream of Greg yesterday and he was using the Orange one which looked and sounded very cool, though the Red with white binding look nice too.....which one do you have ?

For circa £1200 I think any quality guitar is decent value, not sure about resale value of any Sig. guitar TBH....

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • spark240 said:
    Anyone tried one?

They look pretty well spec'd for £1200 ?
    They are insane, the Gristle-Tone pickups are so versatile, the 2 different voicing's give you a huge sonic platform. It's super light and despite it's traditional styling feels every bit the modern guitar. The new Axis Purple we've got in stock is a great finish too!

We had Greg down at the shop last year and he spent some time in our studio talking us through it and chatting with Jack, check it out here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yik1pfmcmHA
  • GreatapeGreatape Frets: 3720
    A lovely teardrop case for £170! I kick myself every day, for selling my US Rev with case. IIRC it was around £450 - £500 to import, back in 2003.
    I still have one US Rev. Briefly, I had two. Excellent guitars. 
  • rze99rze99 Frets: 2406
    I want a used one. Anyone selling?
  • LewyLewy Frets: 4405
    edited July 2020
    spark240 said:
    Lewy said:

I saw a live stream of Greg yesterday and he was using the Orange one which looked and sounded very cool, though the Red with white binding look nice too.....which one do you have ?

I’ve got one of a limited run which were the Kochwork Orange but with pao ferro boards. Never thought of myself as an orange guitar person but it looks so good!

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • spark240spark240 Frets: 2100
    That is cool...;-)

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
    Reddit r/newmusicreview