Mr angry ebay seller

What's Hot

Comments

• RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 12059
    I want to ask him a question!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 5011
    Item up for £160...

Me: Hi! Can you do this for £150 posted?
    Reply: No sorry
    Me: OK - GLWTS

That's all OK - seller is firm on price and it's too much for me.

• dogloaddogload Frets: 1495
    Some people are just compulsive time-wasters I reckon.
    I recently sold a Mascis Jazzmaster and had someone contact me (on Gumtree) more or less complaining about the fact that I didn't live near him and he wasn't keen on buying without trying first. I assured him I was trustworthy and had bought and sold many times over distance to which he started moaning about the price:
    "I'd only pay up to £300 because you can get new ones for £470".
    "Ok, well thank you for your interest".

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30321
    edited July 2020
    I'm always surprised that people expend energy in being rude when a simple "No thanks, now fuck off and bother someone else" will do.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 13053
    I don't understand why anyone bothers engaging with this shit from either side of the fence really.

If someone sends me an offer that I won't accept I just say "no, sorry". If its close to what I want I'll say "no, sorry, but I'll do £x". Never try and justify your position, you don't need to. On eBay you don't even need to write anything. 

Same the other way round, make your offer and if the seller says no move on. There'll be another one along in a minute. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • soma1975soma1975 Frets: 7027
    So what if you were polite and did a no,sorry and then the other person slags off your parents? 
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73119
    soma1975 said:
    So what if you were polite and did a no,sorry and then the other person slags off your parents? 
    Just ignore it and don't reply again. There is no point in getting worked up about it, you'll only encourage them to respond further in kind.

You'll usually find that the sort of person who does it is actually more frustrated by not getting a response, anyway.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Bennyboy-UKBennyboy-UK Frets: 1747
    I can’t believe this thread is still going...
    I'm always looking for interesting USA Hamers for sale.

At the moment I'm looking for:
    * Hamer Watson, SS2, Vintage S, T62.
    * Music Man Luke 1, Luke II

Please drop me a message.
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30321
    I can’t believe this thread is still going...
    Especially when I can get the same thread much cheaper on another forum.
    14reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • YoggieYoggie Frets: 5
    A fortnight ago I offered a guy £1050 for a guitar that was on reverb for £1200. Guy sent a reply saying he would only sell it to me now for £1250... It wasn’t really the model I was after and since I have been looking on and off for six months I just left it at that. It’s still currently on reverb for £1200.

Then a few days ago something nearer to what I am after pops up on gumtree for £1500. I asked if he would take £1350 for it. He says I can have it for £1300 ..

I obviously don’t seem to understand how this bartering thing works.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • soma1975soma1975 Frets: 7027
    ICBM said:
    soma1975 said:
    Just ignore it and don't reply again. There is no point in getting worked up about it, you'll only encourage them to respond further in kind.

You'll usually find that the sort of person who does it is actually more frustrated by not getting a response, anyway.
    Well whatever works for you. For me it was far more satisfying to let him know he can't have any of my stuff he was lusting after. 
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73119
    Yoggie said:
    A fortnight ago I offered a guy £1050 for a guitar that was on reverb for £1200. Guy sent a reply saying he would only sell it to me now for £1250... It wasn’t really the model I was after and since I have been looking on and off for six months I just left it at that. It’s still currently on reverb for £1200.

Then a few days ago something nearer to what I am after pops up on gumtree for £1500. I asked if he would take £1350 for it. He says I can have it for £1300 ..

Here's a short tutorial...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LastMantraLastMantra Frets: 3825
    I just try to price things fairly. Not interested in bartering. I don't sell a lot of stuff though and never really in a rush.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • vizviz Frets: 10778
    edited July 2020
    John_A said:

If you have some better offers, why asking me??? 

Just take a cheaper one !!!! Please don't send your stupid arguments,

No more, no more;
    No more, no more

I’m hearing his response to the tune of Aerosmith’s No More. 

Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • YoggieYoggie Frets: 5
    ICBM said:
    Yoggie said:

Here's a short tutorial...

Ahhh got it next time ask for a gourd to be thrown in.
  • LastMantraLastMantra Frets: 3825
    A pick gourd.
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • danishbacondanishbacon Frets: 2714
    A guy I used to work with had a straight line. If the offer was absurd, he would ask if the offering party had 10 of whatever to sell at that price as he himself would buy it. 
  • midlifecrisismidlifecrisis Frets: 2343
    never bothered about low ball offers or if my offer is rejected. what does bother me is when someone makes a close offer, you accept then you never hear from them again.
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28355
    Yoggie said:

You should have haggled him up to £1400
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28355
    In all fairness, he may have had 20 lowball offers already that day and was just a bit fed up of it. Not saying that yours was lowballing, just that you might have come at the tail end.