Unfortunate guitar embodiments.

What's Hot
mbembe Frets: 1840
Like a relic Duesenberg for example, or a pink Les Paul Custom. How about a BC Rich with a Bigsby? 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Bennyboy-UKBennyboy-UK Frets: 1747
    I don’t know about the Dusenberg - those past me by. But I’m fairly sure that there are Pink LP Customs around, BC Rich with a Bigsby? I think BC Rich might surprise with the variety of guitars they make, and the breadth of customer they cater for :)
    I'm always looking for interesting USA Hamers for sale.

At the moment I'm looking for:
    * Hamer Watson, SS2, Vintage S, T62.
    * Music Man Luke 1, Luke II

Please drop me a message.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14804
    What exactly is unfortunate about any of the examples given in the opening post?

I can understand how the examples might not conform to the expectations of some guitar buyers. The guitars cannot be blamed for what humans think about them.

Perhaps, this Discussion is about lexical semantics or is a dialectic debate? (“These are words with a D this time.”) Perhaps, it is an oblique tribute to Alanis Morisette? 
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • skullfunkerryskullfunkerry Frets: 4265
    I've seen a couple of threads on TGP about "would you play a pink guitar?" and the number of "hell no" answers is hilarious. I always assume that people answering like that have giant pickup trucks with gun  racks :lol:
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • MattNovakMattNovak Frets: 907
    I've seen a couple of threads on TGP about "would you play a pink guitar?" and the number of "hell no" answers is hilarious. I always assume that people answering like that have giant pickup trucks with gun  racks :lol:

TGP is hilarious, lots of rich old white guys with basement rehearsal rooms that look like guitar shops. Or as you say, God, Guns, and Freedom types. Sometimes a mix of both, which is nice. Its poor form to poke fun, but I have wanted to start many a thread on here after some time spent on TGP, just to report back with my findings and observations.
    www.theflyingacesband.com
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2958
    Shell pink is nice but I'm definitely not cool enough to pull it off without looking like a massive twat who's just trying to be cool.
  • Bennyboy-UKBennyboy-UK Frets: 1747
    MattNovak said:

TGP is hilarious, lots of rich old white guys with basement rehearsal rooms that look like guitar shops. Or as you say, God, Guns, and Freedom types. Sometimes a mix of both, which is nice. Its poor form to poke fun, but I have wanted to start many a thread on here after some time spent on TGP, just to report back with my findings and observations.
    TGP is sooo quick with the ban-hammer and have thin skins, it’s like a dictatorship. I avoid commenting much because you can just sense you’ll get it wrong or more likely be misunderstood and offend...

The only thing I do like about it is the classifieds because there is often a good pile of kit on there we don’t see over here very much.
    I'm always looking for interesting USA Hamers for sale.

At the moment I'm looking for:
    * Hamer Watson, SS2, Vintage S, T62.
    * Music Man Luke 1, Luke II

Please drop me a message.
  • I'd fcking love a pink Les Paul Custom.

Real men play pink guitars.
    Just so people are aware. I have no idea what any of these words mean.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30321
    How about a pink BCRich with a Dusenberg trem?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • mbembe Frets: 1840
    I guess nothing beats a Cleartone Conversions guitar then.
  • pjfpjf Frets: 331
    A gun rack? A gun rack. I don't even own *a* gun, let alone many guns that would necessitate an entire rack. What am I gonna do... with a gun rack?
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AdeyAdey Frets: 2427
    I was watching "Rock at the Beeb" or other such programme the other day, and one of the guys had a flying vee with a bigsby on it! It had what appeared to be a bit of wardrobe hanging rail fitted across the vee for the bigsby to attach to.

Odd....
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 5011
    edited July 2020
    Here y'go.

Also, for the guns conversation...

And not forgetting the BC Rich (with an aluminium guitar thrown in for good measure!).

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16426
    Adey said:
    I was watching "Rock at the Beeb" or other such programme the other day, and one of the guys had a flying vee with a bigsby on it! It had what appeared to be a bit of wardrobe hanging rail fitted across the vee for the bigsby to attach to.

Odd....
    Lonnie Mack? 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • RustySpannerRustySpanner Frets: 553
    edited July 2020
    I've often wondered if it's possible to get banned from TGP with just one post?

Something along the lines of:
    I have a a very small penis, which annoys my husband. Which non relic imported guitar will help with my inadequacy whilst playing with my Liberal Satanic Worship band?

Suggestions please?
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • skullfunkerryskullfunkerry Frets: 4265
    I'd fcking love a pink Les Paul Custom.

I seriously thought about buying this last year, I think it looks fucking great:

Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

1reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I'd fcking love a pink Les Paul Custom.

I seriously thought about buying this last year, I think it looks fucking great:

I want it. You should have bought it and donated it to me.
    Just so people are aware. I have no idea what any of these words mean.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17919
    edited July 2020 tFB Trader
  • tony99tony99 Frets: 7222
    really nice refinished nitro shell pink MIM strat on ebay, very good price too
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
  • cbilly22cbilly22 Frets: 361
    edited July 2020
    pjf said:
    I've seen a couple of threads on TGP about "would you play a pink guitar?" and the number of "hell no" answers is hilarious. I always assume that people answering like that have giant pickup trucks with gun  racks lol
    A gun rack? A gun rack. I don't even own *a* gun, let alone many guns that would necessitate an entire rack. What am I gonna do... with a gun rack?
    "You don't like it...fine"

I need to watch that right now!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8574
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom