You can never have enough Les Pauls ! How true is that ?

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• RockhardRockhard Frets: 127
    slacker said:
    shaunm said:
    slacker said:
    I've only owned one bought it in 04 still have it still love it. I personally think everyone should have a lp. Its not my current fave that's a sparkle jet. But there are times when you need the grunt a lp bridge pickup gives you.
    I’d love to have an LP but they are the only type of guitar I can’t seem to play. Nothing comes naturally to me on them. I adore the way others make them sound though.
    it was my first non strat guitaŕ and I've always had something else as well. I think adding a guitar is different to swapping. the les paul like many classic guitars has foibles. 

I'll swap around my guitars an adapt to them. Ego disclaimer I've been playing since 76 and I'm still not that good. 
    Foibles yes , Les Pauls have character ! Modern boutique or many cheaper guitars may well be ' better made and more playable ' but a Les Paul is a Les Paul . I rather like to make the comparison with cars , modern performance vs old classics .
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2958
    Logie said:
    I've had 16 over the years at the last count. Love the shape and thickness? of the tone but I never hang onto them long as I like single coil clean sounds too much. I bet I get another though :)
    Sounds like you need a P90 one then :) singlecoil clarity and dynamics without that nasty thin Fender tone.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • PhilKingPhilKing Frets: 1510
    I have a lot.  Many are vintage but I have some custom made and a Feline Anniversary Lion.  Here are some of mine:

Left to right, 57 Tele, 1986 Darkback 1952 conversion, 1954 Standard, 1963 Strat and 1959 modded Esquire.

1970 Custom

Feline 20th Anniversary Lion #7

Back row: 1954 Standard, 1960 Junior, 1960 Special, 1955 Custom.  Front row: @WezV neck through junior, 1959 Junior (totally fake), 1972 55 Special, @WezV Less Pull junior

1972 Deluxe
    0reaction image LOL 10reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Logie said:
    I've had 16 over the years at the last count. Love the shape and thickness? of the tone but I never hang onto them long as I like single coil clean sounds too much. I bet I get another though :)
    Try a Deluxe to see if that's what you want.  Listen to Andy Latimer using one here:https://youtu.be/pkDP3fZmyiE

• JD50JD50 Frets: 662
    @PhilKing wow great collection , love the 55 custom with the staple pickup.
    What do you think of the 70s Special? I have a reissue special which I love , the 70s ones seem good value.
    Not this one, but the first Gibson I owned was a 72 55 reissue.  I ordered it new, sight unseen and it was still in the shrink wrap when it arrived.  I liked it a lot back then but got the chance to trade it in for a 1972 Les Paul Custom, so did.  Many years later, I was picking up models of guitars I had when I was younger and this came up.  It is just like mine, down to the "goof rings" around the pickups.  I still like them a lot.  I really like the neck shape on the 72's, it's a wide flat shape and perhaps is one that I got used to when I was younger.  I don't really like the later version with the stop tailpiece and tuneomatic, but that's more of a personal preference (you can see that I like wraprounds, I even got @FelineGuitars to put one on my Lion).
  • Lovely collection there Phil. That 54 goldtop is amaze balls. Enjoy in good health sir.
  • grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3379
    I’ve owned three, didn’t like em. 
    I don’t get what all the fuss is about to be fair. 
    They don’t sound ballsy when I play em (I might be the reason ) they just sound like a humbucker guitar. 

On the bright side that leaves more out there for you lot to buy eh. 
  • kentuckyklirakentuckyklira Frets: 966
    edited July 2020
    Only 8 here currently.

4 Gibsons, an Aria, a Greco, an Orville and a El Maya.
    Wer nicht für Freiheit sterben kann, der ist der Kette wert.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • RockhardRockhard Frets: 127
    PhilKing said:
    I have a lot.  Many are vintage but I have some custom made and a Feline Anniversary Lion.  Here are some of mine:

Left to right, 57 Tele, 1986 Darkback 1952 conversion, 1954 Standard, 1963 Strat and 1959 modded Esquire.

1970 Custom

Feline 20th Anniversary Lion #7

Back row: 1954 Standard, 1960 Junior, 1960 Special, 1955 Custom.  Front row: @WezV neck through junior, 1959 Junior (totally fake), 1972 55 Special, @WezV Less Pull junior

1972 Deluxe
    Mmm .. you win ;-)

• normula1normula1 Frets: 643
    Goldtop, Special, LP Melody Maker (single P90) and an Epiphone.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom