New Klon on eBay.

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• juansolojuansolo Frets: 1778
    edited August 2020
    Bill F is sat on a product that he can put together himself on a card table (so not paying any employees, no premises, etc) in a couple of hours, that in raw material terms probably costs in the region of £100 or so (because of the limited run cast enclosure, depending on how many he's sitting on of course), and he can sell it for a 25x markup. Also his R&D will have been long ago paid for in terms of time (if he did it him self) or money (if he paid someone else). By limiting the market and building hype (whether he admits to it or not) he's at the point that the cost and effort to return ratio is spectacular and I can only give him kudos for that.  As for value, an item is worth what someone is prepared to pay for it. Perceived value/benefits are all part of that. It's relation to Klones and what have you is irrelevant from his point of view because that is not his market, as demonstrated by the fact that they're still selling at these prices.

Put it this way, I'd bloody love to have a product I could make one of every other month and have a £11k income (after fees and what have you) for approximately 12 hours effort. As I say, gotta doff my cap to the man.

edited to give him a hour extra per pedal to apply the goop
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom