Posting Guitars - France

What's Hot
HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8040
Someone asked me earlier if I knew of a reputable service (with insurance) re. shipping a guitar to France. I realised I didn’t, so thought I’d drop the question here. Any advice? TIA. :)

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• imalrightjackimalrightjack Frets: 3860
    Overland Express for me.
    Trading feedback info here

My band, Red For Dissent
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8040
    Thanks!

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

• guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14842
    tFB Trader
    www.interparcel.com - select UPS - Most of France can be covered via a 2-3 day service - Not sure on all the insurance aspect as I have my own dedicated business policy that over rides single transactions
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6183
    Transglobal Express are good. You can add insurance cover just prior to checkout. I recently sent a guitar to Germany in 48hrs using UPS via Transglobal and total cost inc. 2k insurance cover was 92 quid.
    Cheers! Much appreciated. :)

• WindmillGuitarsWindmillGuitars Frets: 731
    edited July 2020 tFB Trader
    UPS booked direct is often as cheap as going through any broker - plus they actually pay out if/when you need ro claim! 
    www.windmillguitars.com - Official stockist of Yamaha, Maybach, Fano Guitars, Kithara Guitars, Eastman Guitars, Trent Guitars, Orange Amps, Blackstar Amplification & More! (The artist formerly known as Anchorboy)
  • hasslehamhassleham Frets: 627
    I sent one to France with UPS a few weeks ago, booked direct with UPS and it cost around £50 for standard shipping with insurance for loss up to £900. 

Beware though, they don't tell you until after you've  bought the shipping that you can't drop it at any old drop off point, it has to be dropped right at a UPS depot due to the value of it. 
    They also tell you that the UPS employee will give you a signed slip to say that they've taken responsibility for the parcel when you drop it off, but the woman at the depot told me she couldn't give me anything and all she could do was scan it into the tracking system. 

I ended up calling their call centre and holding for about an hour only to be told that I didn't need a signed slip even though their own website told me I did, and that they couldn't confirm this in writing for me, and they couldn't give me a recording of the call even though they confirmed it was being recorded.

I ended up taking a gamble and leaving it at the depot. Luckily it made it without issue and the buyer was happy, but I'd rather avoid posting anything high value abroad again.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • gordijigordiji Frets: 796
    I've had no trouble recieving guitars here in France from UPS , DPD &  DHL. Everything i've bought from Thomman comes by UPS, never had a problem, even with returns
  • pjfpjf Frets: 331
    DPD has been my best shipping experience here in Paris, FWIW.
    Thanks all! :)