SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD - 1981 Yamaha SG1000, the LP Killer - 40 year old stunner c/w all the trimmings

What's Hot

Comments

• JGCJGC Frets: 157
    edited May 2021
    still here despite the general consensus being that it's a good price....and similar ones without case and extras being £1500 on ebay - satisfies the inner John McGeoch / Bill Nelson / Stuart Adamson in you :-)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    ttt
    again
  • jeztone2jeztone2 Frets: 2160
    Have you tried listing it on Gumtree and or the Yamaha SG Facebook group? I think the last SG on here went for peanuts in comparison to private sales. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    jeztone2 said:
    Have you tried listing it on Gumtree and or the Yamaha SG Facebook group? I think the last SG on here went for peanuts in comparison to private sales. 

I've had it on the FB group and might try again there as the general concensus is that it's a decent price for the full package that I have....I had a dealer wanting to come and collect it straight away for £1k so what's he going to try and flip it for ? it's a fine guitar.......
  • Rocky1991Rocky1991 Frets: 314
    JGC said:
    jeztone2 said:

I've had it on the FB group and might try again there as the general concensus is that it's a decent price for the full package that I have....I had a dealer wanting to come and collect it straight away for £1k so what's he going to try and flip it for ? it's a fine guitar.......
    Have you tried reverb? Would open your audience abit too? 
    Rocky1991 said:
    JGC said:
    jeztone2 said:

I've visited Gumtree and Reverb but never used them, heard various dodgy reports over the years but not sure how accurate they were.....
  • blueskunkblueskunk Frets: 2877
    Lovely guitar. Gumtree has really surprised me in the past, both as buyer and seller. Never used Reverb so can’t comment. I guess it’s like Ebay in terms of fees for listing and selling. Stick it on Gumtree if I were you, you may get lucky :) 

Best of luck. 
  • SvennnSvennn Frets: 146
    edited August 2021
    Very very tempted
    9-42 thru 11-56 depending on my mood
    edited August 2021
    Svennn said:
    Very very tempted

currently strung 10-46, bang in the middle of your range, you're only an hour away too :-)
  • blueskunkblueskunk Frets: 2877
    Svennn said:
    Very very tempted
    Buy it!!
  • rlwrlw Frets: 4696
    Reverb is ok. I’ve sold loads of stuff there with no problem.
    Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.
  • Rocky1991Rocky1991 Frets: 314
    JGC said:
    Rocky1991 said:
    JGC said:
    jeztone2 said:

I've visited Gumtree and Reverb but never used them, heard various dodgy reports over the years but not sure how accurate they were.....
    I think is a fair price, so having not sold. Its more the pond your fishing in than the bait itself. 
  • mark123mark123 Frets: 1325
    Sort of sidetracking ( sorry) but how much are the fees on Reverb ? 
    7.5%
  • mark123mark123 Frets: 1325
    cheers
  • rlw said:
    7.5%
    Isn’t it 5%? 
    the general concensus is that my price is reasonable, but it's still here so for now I'm dropping to £1200 collected
    rlw said:
    7.5%
    Isn’t it 5%? 

Unlimited Free Listings & Transparent Pricing

5% Selling Fee
    +2.5% + £0.25Payment Processing Fee
    =7.5% + £0.25Total Fees

the general concensus is that my price is reasonable, but it's still here so for now I'm dropping to £1200 collected