Epiphone ES335 PRO Upgrade

Hi there, I'm looking to replace a few bits on my epiphone and wondered if anyone else has done this and what they used. I'm looking to change pots, pickups, switch, jack, bridge, tailpiece, nut and tuners. 

The stuff that's on there is OK but just want to improve the quality and performance.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• simonhpiemansimonhpieman Frets: 688
    The pro had fancy wilkinson tuners didn't it? They're supposed to be decent?

I really liked the pickups on the one I had briefly (probuckers?).

There's not going to be much left if you're changing all of that   ;)
  • At that point, it's either a fun project or what you really want is a different guitar.

Pickups can be pretty different but you'll want to move away from PAF territory to really notice it. 
  • markslade07markslade07 Frets: 842
    This was the advice I got asking the same question about that very same guitar...not done anything yet, but still probably will do some of it
    https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/183029/epiphone-es335-pro-upgrades#latest
  • rlwrlw Frets: 4787
    I did the same with a Sheraton - fitted BK Stormy Mondays bought on here, new tuners, all new pots and wiring, new imperial size bridge and tailpiece (involving drilling....), switch and socket.  It is a totally different guitar and all the better for it.  I got Feline to do it for me but if you can do it youself all the better.
    Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.
  • I like the guitar but I just find that the hardware and wiring etc on it are rather cheap and nasty. The pots and switch are scratchy and feel flimsy, the pickups don't have much character to them and I can't stand the green tuners on it as they just look like cheap plastic as does the nut. Thought I may as well change the bridge and tailpiece at that point too. The guitar itself as in the build seems really good so just trying to get it to its best possible playing ability. Thanks for all advice!