NGD

What's Hot
mikeyrob73mikeyrob73 Frets: 4702
I had made  the decision to not buy any guitars for the rest of the year and save the cash i had aside and add to it till i had raised the funds for an R8, but this came up at a nice price locally and after briefly playing @CountryDave GSP Junior when he was over i had GAS for a fat necked Junior. New Epiphone Junior with the new shaped headstock picked up this morning, and first impressions are great, its got a fat neck, it sounds like a Junior and it plays really nicely. really well made and put together guitar, frets are spot on, very impressed 

I know i know this thread is worthless without pics so here you go 

0reaction image LOL 8reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• So you fell at the first Hurdle. ;) congrats enjoy the new guitar.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I’ve got one and swapped out the P90 for a humbucker. Use it as a slide guitar, they’re great 
  • CountryDaveCountryDave Frets: 870

Happy NGD.  I too decided I wasn't buying any new gear at the start of this year.  Think I've had 4 new guitars since then, although two didn't hang around very long.

Still loving your old PRS Zach Myers and have recently added a nice Cabronita partscaster after collecting from @simonbeckwith. I sold the 350 mile round trip to Mrs CountryDave as a day out and distraction from working at home for the last 3 months.

I think that everyone needs to try a Junior at least once.  They are like a telecaster in their simplicity and the fact you can get an awful lot of nice sounds out of them (but as always, the best is wide open through a nice amp).

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • mikeyrob73mikeyrob73 Frets: 4702
    Yeah fell at the first hurdle 
    i have to admit to being super impressed tho, if I was being really really picky the fretboard is a tiny bit rough but apart from that I can’t find fault at all 
    @CountryDave its all your fault for bringing that junior over !! 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mcsdanmcsdan Frets: 451
    Excellent, Happy NGD. Got to love the simplicity of a junior. Looks great too.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23807

Looks good!  Everyone should have at least one Junior, although I've probably got a few too many.

I had made  the decision to not buy any guitars for the rest of the year
    I say that every year and haven't managed it yet, although I don't buy as many as I used to.  Nothing so far this year, and we're more than halfway...
  • DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5612
    The new headstock makes a massive difference. Great looking guitar.
  • congrats & enjoy
    I sometimes think, therefore I am intermittent
    Yeah the new headstock shape makes a massive difference to the look 
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5523
    Classic as ****. Congrats!!!
    One piece of advice guys. 
    No NGD when your supposed to be working from home lol 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10916
    Awesome. The new Epi Jr's and Specials tick a lot of boxes. Really curious to try them 
  • Great to meet you @CountryDaveenjoy 
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6190
    Nice score.  :)
    Day two update in this one, hardly put it down yesterday and have a good few hours with it today, it’s excellent, for a couple hundred quids it’s a bloody bargain. Well impressed with the new Epiphone inspired by range. 
  • gilbygilby Frets: 176
    Day two update in this one, hardly put it down yesterday and have a good few hours with it today, it’s excellent, for a couple hundred quids it’s a bloody bargain. Well impressed with the new Epiphone inspired by range. 
    Got similar thing going on here. I took delivery of an Epi' 50s standard this week. Peach are knocking a fair bit off the rrp and I think they are really good value. Think a junior is on the cards soon too.
    @gilby how you finding the 50s LP? Please tell me it’s terrible and I shouldn’t waste my money etc 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited July 2020
    @mikeyrob73 ;

Sorry, it's not terrible at all
    edited July 2020
    @gilby how you finding the 50s LP? Please tell me it’s terrible and I shouldn’t waste my money etc 
    I'm enjoying it so far. It does need a tweek to get action down a little but is very playable, I've not attempted myself as if it shows any need for fret dressing it will have to be someone else anyway..
    I'm definitely not a fender modern C guy. The neck isn't huge but a fair handful with a definite D shape. Nice even toned fret board material (Indian laurel I think) 
    There is a thin gap showing in the finish around the body binding, like a thin line of undercoat between. It got mentioned on one of the you tube reviews (trology?) so it wasn't unexpected.

https://imgur.com/a/29yvJFL

Epi 50s standard https://imgur.com/gallery/4VEKOax

At 460 for a mass produced guitar I'll live with it.
    Sounds great to my ears so no plans to be silly with pick up swaps.
    My les paul forum are rumour mongering a forthcoming '59 if you want baseball bat neck though