NSGD

What's Hot
MusicwolfMusicwolf Frets: 3726
New Silent Guitar Day

Yamaha SLG200S used from Sound Affects.  I've been looking at these for a while but couldn't justify the cost of a new one.  This came up and I thought that I'd regret it if I didn't grab it.  New set of strings and it should be good to go.

The silent part is because I've haven't told my wife that I've bought it ;)

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5612
    That's great, I've fancied one for years.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 5021
    I've always fancied trying one of these, how quiet is it?!

The yard is nothing but a fence, the sun just hurts my eyes...

• tony99tony99 Frets: 7225
    I like the fact that when performing you can reach down as though to adjust the tone control or something and then next thing your hand just goes straight through the guitar to scratch your bollocks
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
    10reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MusicwolfMusicwolf Frets: 3726
    Boromedic said:

Maybe just a tiny bit louder than an unplugged solidbody guitar, but not much.  The initial plan was to use it on the odd number live but then I realised that part of the reason why I don't play the acoustic much at home is because I tend to do my practicing first thing in the morning, whilst the family are still in bed, and a conventional acoustic is too loud.  I can now see myself using it on recordings from time to time and certainly great for writing.
  • MusicwolfMusicwolf Frets: 3726
    tony99 said:
    I like the fact that when performing you can reach down as though to adjust the tone control or something and then next thing your hand just goes straight through the guitar to scratch your bollocks

genius
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • RedlesterRedlester Frets: 1072
    So is it basically an acoustic guitar that you amplify? 

I saw Steve Winwood years ago and his guitarist was playing what must have been one of these. I was standing halfway back at the Shepherd's Bush Empire, and if you blinked you'd swear the man was just standing there playing air guitar.  
  • BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 5021
    Musicwolf said:
    Boromedic said:

Maybe just a tiny bit louder than an unplugged solidbody guitar, but not much.  The initial plan was to use it on the odd number live but then I realised that part of the reason why I don't play the acoustic much at home is because I tend to do my practicing first thing in the morning, whilst the family are still in bed, and a conventional acoustic is too loud.  I can now see myself using it on recordings from time to time and certainly great for writing.
    Cool, thanks for that mate. Meant to try one at the Guitar Show but it's always hard to judge there due to background noise. Might have to give one a whirl.

The yard is nothing but a fence, the sun just hurts my eyes...

• StrangefanStrangefan Frets: 5844
    Love that, sound great in that video, and looks cool as well. 
  • I got a nylon string one years back. Really handy for recording. So much easier than a regular Spanish classical.

I sometimes think, therefore I am intermittent