Happy NGD from Peach guitars.

What's Hot
Devil#20Devil#20 Frets: 2000
Well I got my Sigma DM12 1ST 12 string from Peach guitars in Colchester. Last one in stock and it's the one that appears on their product photo when I compare the grain. Very helpful on the phone and they have done a nice set up on it with new strings. I know it has new strings because their product photo shows them to be slightly tarnished. I've had guitars from a certain other site that clearly haven't bothered to check the guitar at all. So first dealings with Peach guitars but I'd recommend them. 

There was just one thing about this guitar. It has an end strap button but there isn't one on the thick bit of the neck bolster where it enters the guitar. I've thought about putting one in rather than use a strap hanger round the headstock. Than I thought again. There's a lot of bending force on the neck with a 12 sting and do I really want to be putting a screw into the neck and potentially weakening it. Would this be a bad idea?

Ian

Lowering my expectations has succeeded beyond my wildest dreams.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• tony99tony99 Frets: 7225
    pics please amigo
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
  • Yep Peach they are very good. I have also found guitarguitar to be good as well despite some negative reviews. 

I don't know enough about 12string guitars to comment 

• Devil#20Devil#20 Frets: 2000
    edited July 2020
    tony99 said:
    pics please amigo
    If there was an easy way to do it I would. I can't just copy and paste the image off my phone for some reason and there's no shortcut to my photos.   I'd probably have to set up a photobucket account. 

Ian

• WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9724
    Devil#20 said:
    tony99 said:
    pics please amigo
    If there was an easy way to do it I would. I can't just copy and paste the image off my phone for some reason and there's no shortcut to my photos.   I'd probably have to set up a photobucket account. 

Use Imgur not Photobucket.

Piece of cake to use.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • martmart Frets: 5205
    Nice guitar!

You’re safe to put a strap button in the base of the neck, although it’s best to put it in the under-side rather than the back. The problem with a 12-string is it’ll be a bit of headstock heavy, so you’ll get Some neck-dive. 

The traditional alternative is to tie the strap to a string around the headstock just behind the nut. (That’s why many straps used to come with a bit of short length of string attached). 

Having said that, on my DM-12 I’ve got a strap button on the underside of the neck heel, and I just live with the neck dive.
    mart said:
    Nice guitar!

it’s best to put it in the under-side rather than the back. 
    Not sure where you mean. Can you post a pic please?

Ian

You could be right about neck dive. 12 tuning heads would probably guarantee that. I've decided I don't want to put a hole in my guitar just to find out it dives with the strap there. I'll just be mad at myself for doing it. I'll use the headstock hanger instead. 

Ian