anyone used bax music recently

What's Hot
never heard of them before

their prices seem very good and also they state that rather than the standard 14 day returns that is a statutory minimum they give 120 days to try out goods and also then offer free returns

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• markblackmarkblack Frets: 1616
    I've used them in the past. All good. Arrived quickly, good price.
  • cheers that helpful
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • chrishill901chrishill901 Frets: 517
    Yep, bought a Marshall 2555x from them 2 months ago and was great. Ordered a guitar a couple of years ago that wasn’t as described however, but they refunded it and paid for return postage and were really nice to deal with... everyone makes mistakes I guess.

Check out my band Coral Snake if you like original hard rock!

• streethawkstreethawk Frets: 1635
    Big Dutch box shfters, aren't they?

They have some belting deals on now and again.
  • Fishboy7Fishboy7 Frets: 2254
    120 days? That's crazy, they surely can't sell that on 
  • skullfunkerryskullfunkerry Frets: 4269
    I seem to remember someone was struggling to get a refund from them within the last couple of months... they weren't being arsey or anything, just struggling with minimal staff I think?
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BlueingreenBlueingreen Frets: 2650
    Had a slightly odd experience with them a couple of months ago.

- Ordered a Levy's strap through Ebay shown as being in stock
    - I got a message saying the strap was out of stock and would be several weeks
    - The strap was available elsewhere at the same price so I requested cancellation.  They did not respond to my request within 2 days as they were obliged to under Ebay rules
    - I ordered the strap from the other supplier
    - I got a message from Bax giving me a delivery date for the strap, much sooner than previously advised
    - I sent them an email pointing out that I'd requested cancellation and saying I'd sourced the strap elsewhere, that they should not charge my credit card and and that if the strap was delivered I'd be returning it under distance selling regulations
    - I got an email from them saying that the sale had been cancelled and they would not be charging my credit card
    - some time later, the strap arrived.  I refused to sign for it and left the courier to return it.
    - I found they'd charged my credit card for the strap
    - I sent them an email explaining that I didn't have the strap and requesting a refund, threatening to make a complaint to Ebay unless it got sorted out
    - they advised me they'd be making the refund
    - after a couple of weeks I got my refund

I suppose all's well that ends well, but I was left with a suspicion that once they'd got my order they were reluctant to give up the sale and were prepared to be a bit awkward in the hope that I'd decide keeping the strap and letting them keep my money was the easy thing to do.  I may be wrong and it was just inefficiency but it all seemed a bit odd.

“To a man with a hammer every problem looks like a nail.”
  • breezytelebreezytele Frets: 273
    I’ve only had good experience in the past with BAX
  • wolsnahwolsnah Frets: 190
    I used them earlier this year for an arturia keylab 61 key midi keyboard and a separate pedal order and all arrived without issue. I've no experience of having to deal with customer services at all due to lack of issues, but certainly no complaints from my side.
  • NelsonPNelsonP Frets: 3430
    I bought a pedaltrain classic and some other odds and sods from them last year. All fine.
  • If it’s a straightforward order without having to deal with customer service you’ll probably be okay.

I had a stupid situation with them last year where they refused to ship me something that was showing in stock because they sold it to me for about 2/3 of the price it was actually worth.

Rather than just tell me that they’d messed up, they messed me around for about three weeks and when they finally cancelled the order the refund didn’t come through for about another 10 days.

Have not used them since.
    Link to my trading feedback: http://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58787/
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • wwwwww Frets: 72
    Bought a Fender GT40 from them a couple of months ago. Great price, arrived undamaged, no complaints
  • Fishboy7 said:
    120 days? That's crazy, they surely can't sell that on 

Returns that look used in any way (including having damaged or missing  packaging) are re-sold as 'B' stock items at a reduced price.

If you send the goods back and they are marked or damaged they will make a deduction in the refund according to the amount of damage, and the 'B' stock price will also be marked down accordingly. If the goods are returned 'as new' you will be refunded the full purchase price.

I have used Bax several times and it was always a good experience.

• Fishboy7Fishboy7 Frets: 2254
    So, if it's been used for 3 months but returned completely unmarked it could be sold as a new item?  That doesn't sound right.
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10916
    I seem to remember someone was struggling to get a refund from them within the last couple of months... they weren't being arsey or anything, just struggling with minimal staff I think?
    Might have been me https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/179676/anyone-having-trouble-with-bax-returns#latest
  • Fishboy7 said:
    So, if it's been used for 3 months but returned completely unmarked it could be sold as a new item?  That doesn't sound right.
    Is it really so different from if it's hung on a shop wall and people have tried it out etc? There's sufficient grey area between it being untouched since arrived from the distributor other than set up and someone having gigged it 3 nights every week.

Fair to quibble with the retailer if you receive something new that shows obvious wear and tear though.
  • Z28Z28 Frets: 40
    I live in the Netherlands, used to order frequently from them! 
    They were usually good, but the 120 day return window is both an advantage and a disadvantage for buyers. You may get a piece of gear that's been used for 120 days already, despite paying for a new piece of gear. The stuff that's really marked usually gets sold as B-Stock though. Customer service can be a nightmare with them lately I have heard (although I haven't bought from them myself in a while now). Some recent nasty stories on facebook (in Dutch)... 

• skullfunkerryskullfunkerry Frets: 4269
    roberty said:
    Might have been me https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/179676/anyone-having-trouble-with-bax-returns#latest

Yep, that was the thread I was thinking of :)
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

• usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    Not used them recently, but found them really good!
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.