Any ideas on how I can make the waveform bigger on Reaper or increase input volume on interface?

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• Freebird said:
    Freebird said:
    The instrument line-in inputs on the side are unbalanced. To use the XLR line-in you engage the pad and set the gain to zero, and then you set the level on the the device you are recording from. I am recording a Kemper via its XLR balanced outs at 96k and the results are fantastic through the Babyface XLR inputs, and it's impossible to clip a healthy signal when set correctly. The Babyface Pro is an impressive piece of gear, and the FS update is an even better proposition.
    Thanks mate, much appreciated. It's (the Babyface) impressive but when using Logic or Reaper it likes to go silent randomly, for a second or so and I can't figure out why.
    I use Reaper and everything is running smoothly. Silly question, are your drivers and firmware up to date?

Yeah defo, I changed to a Mac mini in December. I get the same issue as I had with my PC. It's a mighty shame.
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FreebirdFreebird Frets: 5821
    edited February 2021
    Yeah defo, I changed to a Mac mini in December. I get the same issue as I had with my PC. It's a mighty shame.
    I'm on Windows. The first thing I did was turn off the system sounds, and then I set the number of WDM Devices to zero. The WDM Devices can number up to 6 in total, and they can be useful for software audio playback and/or recording the audio from various software applications through TotalMix. I don't really use this feature, but it is well suited to tasks such as podcasting, etc.

I do occasionally have the BFP WDM Devices set to 1, so that I can playback the audio from a media player or YouTube, etc., but I generally turn it off for any critical recording via the DAW. This ensures that the buffer is only available to the DAW when recording. I assume that the Mac has something similar going on?
    If we are not ashamed to think it, we should not be ashamed to say it.
  • Freebird said:
    I'm on Windows. The first thing I did was turn off the system sounds, and then I set the number of WDM Devices to zero. The WDM Devices can number up to 6 in total, and they can be useful for software audio playback and/or recording the audio from various software applications through TotalMix. I don't really use this feature, but it is well suited to tasks such as podcasting, etc.

I do occasionally have the BFP WDM Devices set to 1, so that I can playback the audio from a media player or YouTube, etc., but I generally turn it off for any critical recording via the DAW. This ensures that the buffer is only available to the DAW when recording. I assume that the Mac has something similar going on?
    No such settings on the Mac, I'm afraid. However, I have matched the project settings with the sample rate on the RME, just in case, now. Also deleted my aggregate device and only have the RME as the sole audio device on the computer. I've had 20 mins worth of uninterrupted playing! Let's see how it goes. I'd hate to have to replace the bloody thing!
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922